Emotions, do you trust them?

Just trying to see if there's a noticeable difference between men and women.

• Yes
    44%(11)44%(21)Vote43%(10)
  • No
    56%(14)56%(27)Vote57%(13)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• No. They're usually wrong

What Girls Said 10

• This is so hard to answer for me...

I want to ask a clarifying question if thats okay, before voting. Do I trust them to do what?

ie., I trust myself to be reacting appropriately to the situation. If I am angry I probably have reason to be angry, if I am sad I have good reason to be sad, and so on. But if it's in the context of, do you trust your emotions for making decisions, or something, then its more complicated.

• It depends. If you're talking about good emotions then I trust them. But if you're talking about bad emotions, then my answer is no.

• Depends what kind of emotions your talking about. When I feel that something isn't right I don't let my emotions get the better of me.

• Question too ambiguous. Provide example, please.

• If you''re talking about emotions that is within the person itself? Then i can say yes i trust emotions because it's not controlled by myself nor those around me. I feel it and if its real it proceeds if its not then it release.

• As in do i have a six sense.. yes and its always been right... but in general emotions are illogical.

• Sometimes they can be influenced by something else. Best not to go with the flow blindly.

• Sometimes yes other times no. Probably runs close to 50/50.

• No, because sometimes they're so damn wrong.

• Emotions are not reason, and in some cases can get you killed. So no.

What Guys Said 6

• yes, emotions keep us alive like they prevent you from running into oncoming traffic. we would like to think that we dont because out of rational thought but the power behind rational thought it emotion. it is also emotion which allows us to have sympathy and empathy. these are abstract concepts and hallmarks of intelligence.

• i trust my instincts if that what you mean

• I've saved my as from gut feelings

• i tend to trust my brain moreso than my heart.. in this case, heart=emotions

• You didn't word the question good. Apart from the fact that it's not entirely clear what you are asking, you also (I assume accidentally) used reverse psychology to mess up the poll

• I'm a guy but I use emotions a lot