"I like intelligent people." What does this mean?

So what does this actually mean?

I'm intelligent. I've intelligence to spare. No one I've dated has noted my IQ score however as a core reason for dating me. Now I'm not being facetious here so I'll help you out with three options.

A. Intelligence as a trait: You're attracted to an IQ score. Someone must be in MENSA to turn you on. This is divorced from what they choose to do in life.

B. Intelligence as action: You're attracted to a profession perceived as intelligent regardless of the person's IQ. For instance a doctor with a 107 IQ is sexy while a person with the same or higher IQ who is a fisherman isn't. You just find the former role more fitting.

C. Intelligence as perception: You're attracted to how intelligent you feel a person is. You hold long deep conversations with someone and think your neurons are aflame while at it making them seem smarter to you regardless of both your IQ and theirs. You may also perceive people of higher IQ as "lower" even if verified if you can't really understand them or don't find them deep enough.

Just vote in the poll. Not that half of you will actually read the options and most will pick a very specific option. Let's see if I win this bet.

• Intelligence as a trait
    13%(2)21%(6)Vote31%(4)
  • Intelligence as action
    7%(1)7%(2)Vote8%(1)
  • Intelligence as perception
    80%(12)72%(20)Vote61%(8)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• crap people say that isn't true.

What Girls Said 5

• Practical intelligence, not sure if that's there but it's all well and good being able to work out complicated equations or determine which shape looks like the other when turned upside down (I hate IQ tests) but o want to know they can put that intelligence to work by helping solve issues in life, or fix stuff. Or come up with clever ideas to make their life and those around then better. Understanding and empathy are quite important too. I think you have to have a degree of intelligence to understand and empathise with something you have no experience of.

I like intelligence that's used, doesn't have to be Einstein level, I just don't want someone who will eat their own shit if left unaccompanied for too long. That's my base level...

• Maybe C,

by intelligence I mean someone who is conscious of his surroundings and himself; is able to look at things from different angles; carries wisdom (not repeat others' words); skillful; etc

• I'm attracted to intelligence that you can easily observe, open minded people who are able to challenge you and to have great conversations with.

• Intelligence is sexy. I don't mean bookish intelligent, but having long conversations with a guy who is interested in philosophy, theology, universe. life, nature, etc.

• I'd say they usually mean it as "perception".

What Guys Said 4

• I wouldn't know I just lift things up and put them down.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOSeOieLh7s

• I would say it's probably C)

• I intelligent hey mean smart. Smartness shows.

• If you take an astrophysicist to a baking gallery and pit him against an iron chef who is going to look smarter?

• People who say that, in my opinion, tend to talk about boring fucking bullshit like politics, current events, entry level philosophy, western religion. They don't tend to have actual deep, meaningful conversations. Conversations about life, death, what keeps them up at night, what inspires them to get out of bed morning, music that makes them feel something indescribable, scents that remind them of their childhood.