My mom agreed to pay for my nose job!!! should I get it?

I don't think my face is hideous but a nose job would definitely soften my features. I've never been a huge fan of my nose. Did anyone here ever get a cosmetic surgery? Was it worth all the money and pain? i also feel like there is so much i could do with 5k-10k dollars like go on a vacation, pay off some of my college or buy some designer handbags or really good quality makeup.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really, really want to, then go ahead but I would think that that money is much more valuable - paying off some of your college like you said or going on holiday is much more worthwhile and would probably make your life the easiest :)

What Guys Said 10

• My sister got a nose job. Ultimately we concluded that her nose maybe looked slightly better, but it was hard to really say. It did look different.

However it did cost money (I don't know how much) and now she isn't "natural". I would err against it but it really depends on what your nose looks like.

• In my opinion, only you should be paying for a life-altering decision like that. I know you won't think so now, but if it ends up not as good as you wanted, you might look for some type of blame and could look to the person who had the resources to make it happen. I could be way off, seeing as i have never had any kind of plastic surgery and dont intend to but i feel it would be smarter to pay for it yourself. Also, the time it takes to do that will give you more time to really think about it. If you use your own money, you might look at it with a different view

• donate some of that money to charity and take the rest to go on vacation. seriously, investing that much money into superficial shit like a nosejob is only going to backfire. you won't be a better person with a new nose, love yourself. damn.

• Whatever makes you happy bruv. If it will make you more confident then who is to tell you otherwise?

• Go for it! If it will improve your confidence too

• Sure.

• might give you more problems my mom had a few operations because she broke hers.

• No that's dumb

• lets see how "bad" it is

• If someone offered to pay for a nose job, I'd take their offer in a heartbeat. Who wouldn't want a free nose job?

I agree, there are better things you could do with the money, but she is offering to pay for a nose job specifically, not just giving you the cash. If I were you, I'd take what I could get.

What Girls Said 11

• Never had plastic surgery but for me it needs to be something you go through because you are really insecure.

For instance. My exs sister had a boob job to go from a B to a D. She's a model. I've seen pictures and she looked fine to me. But since, her first ones were PIP implants and leaking in her. She took the chance to increase her size. Those new ones then rejected and she had it done again and again went bigger.
    My friend, who again used to be a model, had always been small. Very slim, very tall, half Jamaican. She had her breasts done last Christmas. She suffers with Crohns Disease and it means she's very thin and she felt too thin, not feminine, not manly, just a tall rectangle.

For me my friend had a more valid reason. It wasn't pure vainness, she had a condition which effected her in so many ways so sure why not have one thing that makes her smile? My exs sister though... She wasn't a bad size for her body, it was pure vainness. She now is obviously fake - a US size 0 and she has E/G ice cream mounds on her chest. Her ribs stick out, her hip bones stick out and she just looks weird with these two things on her chest.

But honestly... The choice is yours. If it makes you really truly unhappy then do it. But you are correct the money would be better spent on other things.

• I think cosmetic surgery is stupid. Unless.. You have some sort of medical problems and it need to be resolved via that way.

I mean think of it you could do so much with that money like you said. But in the end it's up for you to decide.

• definitely get it! Now if only my parents could pay for a boob job for my size A cups.

• If you want to feel better, then do it. I'm also planning on getting an umbilicoplasty when I am older.

• Please don't.

• If you want then I say do it but don't do it for anyone but yourself.

• Go for it if you really want to and will technically be free for you

• I wouldn't recommend it but it's your nose lol do what you want

• Yes, I've had a boob job, and I can say without a doubt it's been worth it. The increase in my overall confidence level has been very satisfying. Not only that, but I get far more attention now, and not just from skeevy guys in bars. I've been offered jobs at a high-end jewelry store and as a brand rep for a fashion line. The only reason I was offered these jobs is because of how I look. I dress flamboyantly all the time because I have the pride in my body to show myself off to the world.

So I say go for it! The money is significant, but what would you rather have, a vaction that lasts two weeks, or higher self esteem for the next 20 years?

• Honestly it depends on how bad you need one. Can you post some pictures or something? if it's not extremely bad then I wouldn't waste the money on a nose lol

• wish I was as privileged as you to cut up my body instead of starting a business or travelling the world or donate to charity.

• I wish I had so little to stress about that I was worried about how my nose looks.