Are air-bags a product of patriarchy?

Are air-bags a product of patriarchy?

• Yes
    15%(4)21%(10)Vote30%(6)
  • No
    85%(23)79%(37)Vote70%(14)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• Good thing my airbag didn't go off when my car flipped. :D

• Yes, airbags are a product of the patriarchy, let me take them out all women's cars... We should write all manufacturers to automatically remove them from all women's cars in the world. Great idea, we don't want to suppress women lmfao watch female fatalities skyrocket, what a stupid assesment

Most Helpful Guy

• Cars are just patriarchal in general - that's the reason women can't drive. It's because they feel oppressed when doing so.

• Let's free them from oppression revolt, give them pretty pink bicycles and a basket to carry their purse & mini dog in. Oppress no more away with you car *poof lmfao... mgtow

What Girls Said 8

• 1|1
  • Yas. All men are misogynistic assholes who wake up and are like "how can I destroy women's lives today?" XDDD

• As a male I agree with this answer 100%

• She;s following me daddy, can I throw stones at her?

Dad: no, no you can't. If I can't at mommy you can't do it to her, plus her daddy is bigger than me.

Fine, dammit, I'll go play xbox one and ps4, I hate you dad, nah loves man... I want pizza

mgtow

• @Icyfire101 omg, I can literally hear your balls being sucked out from your body and deposited straight into her purse... was it as good for you as it was for her... omfg, lmfao... fail!!! man card revoked, (gimme!) mgtow

• I think that patriarchy makes jars so hard to open so that women have to remain reliant upon men.

I'm kidding.

• It reduces health and insurance costs, that is why government and insurance people want airbags and belts. The few exceptions that are hurt by it, do not compensate for the positive outcome.

• Undoubtedly, notice how you don't get any cute little A cup sized air bags too?

• Well I'm fucked.

• OMG DEFINITELY! THANKS FOR OPENING MY EYES BLESS YOU!!

• I could see the reasoning for the statement - aka the default "norm" in an average sized male.

But I see it as an inevitable result of capitalism, not patriarchy. If it costs more because you deviate outside a certain range, you won't likely have products designed for you.

• this is not true for the automotive industry, if they can lower the deaths from car accidents by simply 1% they will do anything and everything to do it. i am sure that if you come with credible statistics of smaller women and maybe also men that sit close to the steering wheel have in fact died then the automotive industry will respond. i suggest you go to Volvo, they have a reputation for being great innovators in automobile safety.

• @anonman32 adjustable seats, problem solved, been for a while now, next question as this is a non-relevant issue. Also statistically men buy the majority of new vehicles of high value, you always over tolerate tolerances (hence male body size) to protect smaller body sizes and passengers (females and children), it's logic and engineering, numbers have no feelings or patriarchy/misogyny... mgtow

What Guys Said 7

• I know you are stirring it but what do these people be doing to think up these premises. Seat belts and air bags are there to prevent harm, save a person's life (male/female) unless they can come up with a less "Patriarchal" device which is as safe they should just shut up and worry about something more important like FGM or female infanticide.

• women have natural air bags so i say they started it we're just defending ourselves.

• I see so many dumb people here. See the pic you idiots, who voted no. It's stats. #comeeatme
    I won't be replying so don't waste time.

• Read the headline of the question posed, you obviously can't differentiate the stats which are skewed for feminist agenda and the question posed. You're ignorance shocks and appalls me, point, set & match, booyahhh

• Women shouldn't be driving anyway :(

• This better be a sarcasm.

• Well yes since airbags were invented by a man in male runned car industry, so it is patriarchal yes.

• There's a reason you can adjust the seat height...

• But they have shorter arms and legs

• @cavmanier not necessarily

• @cavmanier True, perhaps, let's say they do, then they should pay more for the vehicles to have companies pander to their needs, I'm all for it, instead of $20k for a economy car they can pay $25k I agree!