Do you lucid dream?

A lucid dream is any dream during which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming. During lucid dreaming, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment.

Personally I lucid dream A LOT, however I also have dreams where I completely forget that I'm dreaming and mix up dream memories thinking it happened in real life when it didn't.
Also do you often remember the dreams afterwards or not?

• Always
  • Often
  • Barely
    Vote C
  • Never
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2322

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been lucid dreaming since my 20's and I'm involved in a few online groups. I've never encountered anyone who claimed to be able to lucid dream every single night, even with technological assistance. So be wary of liars in your poll.

For me, lucid dreams take longer to forget, but I do forget them unless I make an effort to remember them. Just like normal events of a day I guess.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not anymore but I wish I did. I remember having this freaky dream that I thought was real life and in the dream there was some weird paranormal shit going on with me being in Purgatory and having to decide whether to move on with this group of people (who were probs angels) or staying behind with my friends who were all decayed and corpsey looking... it had a very nasty feeling of death about it.

Oh and then a voice (God?) told me I was going to die at the age of 26 wich wasn't great. BUT I still enjoy lucid dreaming.

What Guys Said 21

• I don't have many lucid dreams, but i do have the real-like ones you mentioned - usually i've done something terrible in them and about to face the consequences, then i wake up

• Woah sounds intense :O Brain giving you life lessons on what not to do in life I guess 😂

• Not all the time. I was obsessed with this idea of becoming lucid in my late teens. I got it down to a science for myself, could become lucid whenever I wanted to. I often remember the dreams when I'm lucid. I remember ordinary dreams too, but not in as much detail, I only remember the rough setting and what was going on.

• The moment I realize it's a dream, I wake up.

• i used to very often when i was younger. not very often now

• Frequently

• Sometimes, but it's pretty hard. I do remember all my dreams, though

• I have not had one in a long time.

• I've never managed to have control over my dreams, I can only 'experience' what happens.
    I wish I could lucid dream :P

• Never. You have to train yourself I guess from whag I've read.

• In the past but it stopped some years ago. I don't know why

• Waoh , I thought this used to Happen only to me... My doctor friends laughed at me when I told them about it😩

Well I forget 90 percent of my dreams within a day 😤

• i barely have lucid dreams

• Kinda always haha

• no. I can't even remember my normal dreams...

• sometimes.

• I would like to be able to

• Always always :/
    I have two now <3

• Never had that kind of dream before. Even if i have had dreams like that i disnt remember anyways.

• Lucid dreaming is very common for me.

• Never

• When I remember a dream, I have always been aware it was a dream while it was happening.

What Girls Said 22

• No I do not lucid dream, but sometimes I will remember my dreams if they stand out to me. I usually only remember dreams about my family or my childhood home. I have one amazing memory of a dream from when I was a toddler, and the rest of my dreams (that I can recall) are more like nightmares. I wish I could control my dreams. :P

• Ahah yeah I still remember some dreams of when I was 4 years old. Being in control of yourself in your dream is quite scary sometimes though I have to say. Especially in nightmares

• No my dreams usually feel so real that I'm not even aware that I'm dreaming but then some weird shit happens, like a giant rabbit flying past me, and I'm like "ohh yeah, this must be a dream", although I'm never 100% sure until I wake up 😂

• Often and then I realize I'm about to wake up and it's disappointing because I was taking the dream somewhere good. Sometimes I'm trapped in some bad dream but then I realize it's a dream and I scurry around in my mind trying to wake out of it.

• I do this sometimes, especially when I'm trying not to fall asleep. It just happened a few days ago while I was talking to someone.

• i dont think i've had a lucid dream like the way you described it before, but i have had a number of recurring dreams that feel like visions and look and feel so real, and seem to have a story that's a little too complex to just be a dream, so i don't really know..

• I don't have any of those, but I do tend to have either nightmares or Deja Vu/Precognitive dreams sometimes. I rarely ever have good dreams or dreams at all, but when they do happen they're usually those ones. Usually when I sleep it's pitch black. :T

• Always, it's like playing sandbox video games.

• I love it when I have a lucid dream. Unfortunately I didn't have a dream like that since years now :/

• I haven't, but I wish I could!
    I do have a lot of bad real dreams, that sometimes are so real that I get them confused with reality.

• I'd say it's often, maybe at least once week. I love when it happens. I wish I could get it to happen every night.

• Yes I do, very often ;)

• Always.

• I honestly wish I could have lucid dreams. I've tried to before, but to no avail. They seem so cool.

• Have no done it, I don't mind. I like my dreams the way they are.

• Yes I've always had them

• Once or twice a week on average.

• All the time.

• No I don't :(

• I do often, yes

• Yes, I've always done that.

• It's happened a few times but rarely.

• Sometimes