What's your name mean? If you could change it, would you?

Some names have some weird ass meanings. And some are really hard to find on a mug. Whats yours?

Most Helpful Guy

• my name generally means Handsome one. in English it has a second meaning of one with royal obligations. in Celtic it means one who is born from fire.

• wow those are all great meanings haha!

• Agreed! Toph is my favorite character of all time. She knew her shit, she was tough, but she had standards and fucked shit up. she created metal bending for gods sake! ... you know AND she was blind xD
      And yes I agree, and then at the end with her and asami... like okay now you're just trying to incorporate too many things, just stop.
      I know it was supposed to be its own show, but... then why even make an 'avatar' show. you're basically stating that the avatar will become obsolete in a couple more years, then whats the point of the fucking show. it just made me so mad lol

• yeahhh I feel like they tried to push too many social issues at once. I mean its fine it just felt too crammed in there. and I feel like they have a way to fix it. the spirits become a problem later on (or someone learns how to control them or something making them be a problem) and the next avatar (which would be of earth origin) would separate the worlds again. All I want is for Avatar to end with a fire bender, to go through all the original elements.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rosemary - (Scottish version) Queen of the Sea
    It has a few different meanings but this is the one I was named for. Basically, in parts of Scotland the herb (rosemary) grows along the side of cliffs and isn't even phased by the icy sea that would destroy many other plants. I kinda like it. If I could find a name with a meaning as cool I would probably still consider changing it. It's just sounds too old :p Rose is fine though :)

What Guys Said 27

• Resolute Protector

• Mine can mean Famous one, Youth, Victor; Victorious people

• Manly, warrior

• My name is Murad, it was commonly used between Ottoman Sultans.

• My name is mainly ancient Irish/Gaelic and since the names creation the meaning has never changed, though my name does have many meanings from around the word.

Young Warrior
    Messenger
    Good man
    Heir of the Earth" or "The King
    Blessed by God, God has shown favor, God is gracious, God is Good
    Well-born
    Swift
    Rock
    Right-handed

Then my last name means people of the forest/woods.

• wow lots of meanings! haha
      lol! so you guys started the white walkers! haha jk.

• do you see what you started.
      xD

• I think so lol.

• Mine means little king

• my name means "man" in hebrew or "first man" by some etymologies.

i wouldn't change my name

• haha very literal!

• yeah very simple. very literal. I used to not like my name (which is Adam by the way) when i was young (like in elementary school). i felt like it was simple and not very exciting. but strangely i know very few Adams and so it has become a name I really like

• Adam is a nice name. And you're right not very common. :D

• My name means "Born in the morning" - Ironically, I was born in the noon :P
    Yes, I would change my name, I never liked it anyway.

• James. It means I am handsome, charming, witty, hot etc. So much so, I should have 100's of ladies swooning over me.

... or I could be wrong :-(

• My names is of roman origin - but the french version of it. It translates to the son of mars and fighter/warrior.

• Mine means "Horsefriend" or "Friend of horses"

• literally it means the warrior, saver of men, the brave. or so they told me

• My original name means 'beautiful', 'Swallow Bird' in Chinese or 'Eye'
    And... I got a different name here in Belgium, but I like my original better

• My name is yusuf and to quote my key ring chain (dunno if its accurate it might be accurate I don't know , i got it from a random gift shop in Jordan haha)

"Arabic origin meaning the beautiful, he shall increase

He is dynamic, charming, confident, imaginative and gracious. Above all, he is warm hearted and generous."

• My name means "the one who rules with an iron fist". If I consider my second name its "king who rules with an iron fist".

I couldnt have asked for something better.

• My name is nick. I go around nicking people, so i think it is accurate

• Im name after my moms brother that passed away when he was a baby
    My cousin too
    He has his first name and i have his middle name
    I wouldn't change my name i like it

• my name meaning is. expressing good things about God/Allah.
    naah im happy with my name

• My name means bright fame in English, french, german and teutonic.

• My name means "The Conqueror".

• Nice! Mine means 'Eternal Ruler!'

• Huh, interesting.
      That wouldve been an exciting/terrible time to be alive, though haha

• Name of prophet.

• Heard of Ramlal?

• Normal meaning I wouldn't change it

• my name means someone who is caring.. meh i dont like it

• my name means brave, courageous, honest, loyal etc. i would change my name with matthias :p

• thats a lot of definitions for one name haha
      Matthias - never heard that one before

• Matthias is a greek name. i like it because sounds similiar to my name. My name is mert

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 23

• My name is of Aramaic or Hebrew Origin. Basically it's a Semetic name.
    In Hebrew it means: lady, princess, noblewoman, woman of high rank
    In Arabic it means: bringer of happiness and joy
    It's also a Biblical and Islamic name, because Sarah was the wife of Abraham.

• I rarely find mine on a mug, it's not a Katie but not a Leaf Spirit type of name either.
    If I could change it, I'd like to maybe have been given another at birth... Sophia would have been nice.

• It's a flowering plant. 😛

• Well my first name (Amanda) means worthy of love and my middle name (Lynn) means water or pool lol.
    Buy i wasn't named for the meaning of the names. I was named after the instrument Mandolin. My dad always wanted A mandolin... so my Mom named me Amanda Lynn...
    I wouldn't change it. I dont love it, but it's my name. Lol

• Asha, I can find it on a mug in Somalia and Kenya but nowhere else. It means life in arabic and means hope/desire in a different language.

• Bonnie. It's not common and I've never met another one but it's ok I guess. In Scottish it means pretty and in Welsh I believe it means ugly? It's ok anyway, I'm fine with it, not my fav but it's fine

• In the Islamic version my name was mentioned in the Qur'an and its a tree in jannah (paradise) that has amazing, really delicious fruits and its easy to pick those fruits from.

as for normal meaning in Arabic it means Beautiful.

• In fact in Spanish my name means "nothing" but in my country it's a vry rare name so no I wouldn't change it I like it

• not sure what my name means but I wouldn't change it

• My name is Geanne. It means " God has mercy ". My parents were slightly religious at that time.

• My name has Russian, Spanish, Native American, Indian, and Slavic origins. It means "flower" "little girl" "dreamer" "mother" "intelligent". It's also short for many names.

• My name apparently means 'may God protect', I'd probably change it if I could.

• Some people go with middle names if they dont like their first, thats always a way to go :D

• RJ is my middle initials so that's what I use here. Lol. But no one would ever not call me by my actual name.

• Mine means "saint"

• My name is from one of those rare precious stones.

• My name means nothing.. I'm named after a dog and a small region in France.

• It doesn't mean anything. It's from a Shakespeare play. And it's believed that he came up with it from the Hebrew name Jeshkah

• IT MEANS JESUS Christmas AND I AM AN ATHEIST , SO IF I COULD I WOULD PICK ABORTED BECAUSE I WISH I WAS ABORTED HONESTLY

• My name is of Persian/Arabic origin and it means "Light". I wanted to change it when I was little as many people pronounced it wrong but now I like it because it is unique!

• I like Noor which also means Light. if thats not already your name haha. Also, Lumos, but thats not an actual name :)

• No it is not Noor.. but that is also a nice name 😊

• The name Alejandra is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Alejandra is: Defender of mankind. Feminine of Alexander.

• I have an odd name and if I could change it, I would but the name I want would be even weirder (for my country)

• It comes from a Muskogee word meaning 'speakers of another language according to the internet

• I have never found my name on a mug or keychain. Although I have found it on other things

• I name means victorious but I have been wanting to legally change my full name for years.

• My name means "pearl".