Would you do drugs?

I'm talking about illegally obtained drugs, like pot, cocain, x etc... Would you do drugs? If yes, why? If no, why not?

I'm talking about illegally oibtained drugs
Not talking about legal pot that is basically homegrown.
I'd like to add another part to the question.

Do you have any moral objections to doing drugs? Do you think doing drugs is morally wrong? Why or why not?

1517

Most Helpful Girl

• Weed is still pretty criminalized where Im at, I smoke. Eeeevery oncein a while, some shrooms.
    But thats it. I dont do harder drugs.

Though if narcotics werent so bad for your health, Id have a bad habit. Nothing beats a good hydro high. But im no thanks.

• And do you find use of illegal drugs morally objectionnable?

• No i dont. It in no way effects my ability to be a good person

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the drugs, how you are getting them and many factors.

First of all, using drugs on a common basis isn't a good idea at all. Once every few months can be fun but you really need to know what you are doing and be with friends that can take care of you the first time you use each drug just in case something goes wrong. That being said here are my thoughts.

Disregarding what you hear in school and on television many recreational drugs are relatively safe. LSD, MDMA, Pot, Shrooms etc are actually safer, whilst being more enjoyable and less addictive than alcohol which is why many people take them as a party drug. Obviously stay clear of Meth, Heroin, Bath Salts and all that as they are horrible for you but standard recreational drug use is fairly safe.

One main issue with drug use is you need to make sure you are buying them from the right people. Since drugs are usually not commercially made sometimes you get your "party drugs" cut with other stuff like speed and bath salts which obviously isn't good for you.

• And do you find drugs obtained illegally to be morally wrong?

• I wouldn't really think that it is morally wrong to obtain drugs. I feel like the sale of dangerous drugs is obviously morally wrong as they can lead to death or serious health issues. The thing is though many drugs are safer in comparison than alcohol, or even caffeine in some cases. When the enjoyment far outweighs the possible risks the sale and purchase of those drugs is fine in my eyes.

What Girls Said 14

• Nah, I've never seen the appeal.

• Lol pot is actually legal where I live so I do it. I've also tried harder drugs before and while some of them were really good I wouldn't wanna risk getting caught or running into a drug screening someday. It's just not worth it.

• And aside from personal health concerns, would you find use of illegal drugs morally objectionnable?

• Not really actually unless, it develops into an actual addiction and is driving the person into poverty, debt or irresponsible behaviour that would hurt people who love them. It's up to them and their own stupidity really.

• I don't want to associate with people who are dumb enough to wreck their bodies.

• Yeah me too.

• do you find use of illegal drugs morally objectionnable?

• Personally, yes, I do think it's morally objectionable. It would be one thing if you were just wrecking yourself, but I don't think it's right to intentionally engage in activities that force your parents/family/kids/friends to watch you destroy yourself. Drug use is toxic and its effects rarely end with just one person.

• I've done weed, coke, ecstasy, LSD and mushrooms. I enjoy the very very rare bit of coke and LSD but that's hard to get a hold of. I'm not a habitual user, it's a very rare occasion. Why not, you only live once.

• And do you find it morally objectionable to get your drugs from illegal sources?

• No. I mean you gotta get them from illegal sources, no other choice. I think drugs should be legal.

• Drugs are bad mmk

• ^^ I miss south park
      Do you find the use of illegally obtained drugs morally objectionnable?

• I wasn't quoting South Park! Haha that's just how I talk. Bad morally and health-wise and socially. It's not worth it. It's a deal breaker for me.

• hahaha real life mrs mackey

How is it bad morally and socially in your opinion?

• Nice try MOM

• Lol 😂

• I don't do drugs and yes I do have a problem with that

• Why so?

• I smoked cigarettes, and weed before. It's not an all the time thing for me either. Those are the only two I'd do even to this day.

• And for your weed, would you object to obtaining it illegally on moral grounds?

• No, I barely want to take prescription drugs. I just don't find recreational drugs alluring.

• Pots is not drugs, it's a plant.. I'd do some stuff but not all of it

• Would you find doing illegally obtained plants or drugs objectionnable on a moral basis?

• Agreed. The law can be incredibly immoral sometimes. But I'm asking your personal view, and I included "obtained illegally", because I'm excluding all drugs farmed locally, obrained in pharmacies, regulated etc...

• It makes no difference to me if it's obtained illegally or not.

• No, they would damage me and my self-respect.

• How so? (for your self-respect)

• I don't respect people who do drugs, if I did drugs I wouldn't be able to respect myself.

• And what are your reasons?

• I did a line oxy a few times when I was getting an annulment from my ex.. I was that depressed

• Would you do any illegally obtained drugs?

• Depends on the type of day I'm having.

• ^^
      And would you find it morally objectionnable to do illegally obtained drugs?

• Nah, I really don't care.

• I'd do pot just because I have adhd and the medication costs too much so it'd be nice to slow down and be relaxed for a change😅

• And would you object to obtaining it illegally? (morally speaking)

• Nope

• I have already smoked pot

• Would you do it again, if it was illegally procured?
      Would you try anything else?
      Do you find it morally objectionnable?

• How is it morally wrong to just have fun and relax by putting a substance in your body?

• Well it could be, immoral in a number of situations. But it doesn't have to be. The mere act of ingesting a drug has no bearing on morality, it's the context surrounding it that dictates whether its moral or not in my opinion.

What Guys Said 16

• Smoking pot isn't bad in my opinion, I used to smoke for years. though doing other shit like heroine, meth, etc aren't cool. I'd grt back In smoking again but I want to keep my future career as copclean lmao

• Why aren't they cool?

And would you be choosy as to your source for the pot? Would you find obtaining it illegally to be morally wong?

• Those types of drugs aren't good, I could careless for them only idiots would do them. Idc about the source of pot, I don't think it's wrong either

• Drugs are bad m'kay

No but seriously why would you even consider putting your money on something that will potentially kill you.

And no I don't think it's morally wrong to do illegal drugs. The only part of drugs that is morally wrong is if you make someone else take them

• All interesting replies here.

• I've done ecstasy a few times in college, fun times!

But I had a reliable source, and is something that should be done rarely. Side effects of casual users are AWFUL!

• Would you find the used of drugs obtained illegally objectionable from a moral stance?

• Would you be picky about your source?

• Yes I would, want to make sure my stuff is pure and isn't cut with household cleaners and meth.

• I have in past and thought it was stupid - You have no idea what you are taking - That would be main concern, no moral objection just think it is a huge risk.

• I wouldn't because I would lose my job. I'm not opposed to other people doing drugs like Pot or Cocaine as they aren't hard to kick, but crack, MDMA, Ecstasy, Meth etc. are just terrible vices that eat people from the inside out.

• Why are some vices and others not?

And do you find drugs obtained illegally to be morally wrong?

• Some are vices because they are designed to become addictive, with Cocaine and Pot they only become addicted to the high, and not the chemical itself.

I don't really have a moral stance on that

• No, as your trading a short term high for potentially long term problems. Addiction, damage to organs, some incarceration. It's a bad trade.

• Yes because your know dealing with shady people. The type of people that would kill off your family and not lose sleep.

• nope, never have, never will

• Why not?

• why should I waste money on something that is illegal and unhealthy?

• Fair enough. And aside of the personal health choice, would you find it to be morally wrong? (use of illegally obtained drugs)

• They prevent a productive life so i dont do them.

• And do you find illegally obtained drugs to be morally wrong?

• No, simply irresponsible.

• No! Because I'm not fucking stupid! I don't need other people's approval to tell me I'm "cool"

• Besides the personal side of not wanting to give into social pressure, would you find doing drugs obtained illegally to be morally wrong?

• Yes I would

• Well yeah I might do weed @Jxpxtxr.

• no, officer

• if people want to do drugs, they can carry on. doesn't involve me, so i don't care.

• I've done a lot of the party drugs socially.

• there is no moral wrong in drugs, nothing is morally wrong. however, it's only for losers.

• I've done cocaine and weed a few times never seemed like a big deal at the time

• Yeah why not? There's nothing wrong with it and it's so stupid that it's illegal.
    So many idiots say they'd never do drugs cause they're bad for you and even disrespect people who do them, yet they eat crisps and drink coca cola which are worse for you than weed. Eating unhealthy food is damaging your body for pleasure just like drugs. Should people go to jail for eating chocolate? People are just brainwashed to hate drugs and don't even realise it

• There is quite the double standard, alcohol but not pot... go figure.

So you wouldn't have a problem obtaining your drugs illegally?

• @Spoderpugish Yeah! Can you picture it? Vast grey fields of drooling incoherent zombies... Utopia! haha

• @Spoderpugish There'd be just as many crackheads as there are now, people who want it badly enough will get it anyway. Alcohol is legal but everyone doesn't go around drunk all the time. You'd be saying the same about alcohol if that was illegal. And people said the same about gays when that was illegal. And anyway I'd choose a world full of crackheads any day over a world where the goverment chooses what we can or can't do and tries to control us like puppets

• I did, it was a huge mistake. I remember a pharmacist talked to our school in an auditorium. He lost his son to drugs. He said that pot leads to heroin. We all laughed. Two years later I was doing heroin.

I was lucky to have stopped after the second time as I knew it would kill me since I was close to overdosing the second time. I remember my friends talking about dropping me off at an emergency room while I sat motionless in a car only able to listen. I came out of it eventually.

• I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're better.

Did you ever find use of drugs objectionnable on moral grounds (not just a personal health choice)?

• No, I didn't. But I have cautioned others to stay away. I did meth, coke, hash, most drugs but acid as that one scared me. I had some friends who messed up their lives with it and have known people who didn't make it. Sad.