Would you platonically hang out with someone you almost hooked up with?

And they're a stranger so it's not like you were friends beforehand.

told a guy I can't hook up anymore because I have a thing with someone... and he keeps trying to convince me to hang out as friends.

😑😑 I guess I have "stupid" written across my forehead or something

621

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends. I like to give people chances. And if it was a girl I almost hooked up with I would hang out with her once to see how thing's go. If thing's got weird or awkward then I wouldn't see her again in person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope because all they ever try to do is make you change your mind. That becomes annoying really fast.

What Guys Said 20

• Important thing here is what he wants to do - Has he some sort of friendzone going on in his mind that he will wait until you are single - Is he genuinely that confident enough to say okay we didn't hook up but I think you are cool lets be friends - What would your "Someone" say?
    Bottom line for me - What are the underlying feelings especially on his part? - I have no real answer but just have a think about it and go with your gut - As always best of luck in whatever decision you make.

• My someone wouldn't like it which is why I keep telling him no. It doesn't help my someone is long distance, and though he has no reason to not trust me... I don't want this to plant any seeds of distrust in his mind.

• Looks like you are answering your own question - I would tend to agree with your thinking - It is probably best for you to cut off this guy.

• Yeah, but I'd only do it with the intent to actually fuck them this time. That dude obv ain't getting your pussy wet. Probably turns it more dry at the fact that he still wants to hang out as 'friends' after you straight up rejected this boyo.

• I went to a restaurant with an ex, and when we left I just gave her a hug, not a kiss. If that answers your question.

• Only if i already had someone else. But if she had someone i would not want to hang out with her in the first place.

• You're really beautiful teawrecks and no you don't have stupid written on your forehead. And maybe i would, i don't see why not haha.

• @chico_brah pls come help this child with his desperation problems I don't have time thanks

• And you call me a child? Lol you're only 4 years older than me.

• Didn't intend for her to thank me back and honestly i really didn't care if she acknowledged it or not. I should wear a shirt saying desperation anxiety 😛

• Nope, then again, I'm not the type to hook up. He's hoping to "wear you down."

• I don't know... Might depend on the person. But I can see the problems

• naah i won't

• No, I wouldn't.

• Possibly depends on how much I liked them or not.

• I don't think you have stupid written across your forehead.

• Yeah sure if they're chill

• yes sure, why not. as long as there are ground rules that keep it platonic

• He's probably hoping once you're together he can convince you to have some fun. Wouldn't be the first time a guy succeeded with this strategy with a girl. lol!

• Yeah, i wouldn't be able to hang out with someone that was almost a hook up

• i'd rather fuck her.

• Or you have "fuck me" written across your forehead.

• Either he's playing long game or he's caaaaaught the feeeeeeels.

• I've literally never even met the dude or spoken to him outside of maybe like 20 texts

• I love you teawrecks.

• Maybe yeah I guess so. Why not, if you get on right?

Can u help me out on a friend and potentially hooking up given she was not single earlier? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2141337-who-would-a-sweet-fun-girl-flirt-be-with-have-dirty-sex-with-based

What Girls Said 5

• I agree with the Blue box.
    Good Timing, @teawrecks

• He's trying to hook up with you still lol

• I would

• i dont see any problem but please take another freind with you

• I don't know, I'm still friends with my past hookups. My husband is friends with the same guys. I don't know it's all up to what you are comfortable with