Fake news. Do you feel dumb for believing it?

https://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/11/23/503146770/npr-finds-the-head-of-a-covert-fake-news-operation-in-the-suburbs?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

"The whole idea from the start was to build a site that could kind of infiltrate the echo chambers of the alt-right, publish blatantly or fictional stories and then be able to publicly denounce those stories and point out the fact that they were fiction," Coler says.

...

"It was just anybody with a blog can get on there and find a big, huge Facebook group of kind of rabid Trump supporters just waiting to eat up this red meat that they're about to get served," Coler says. "It caused an explosion in the number of sites. I mean, my gosh, the number of just fake accounts on Facebook exploded during the Trump election."

Coler says his writers have tried to write fake news for liberals — but they just never take the bait.

I wonder why not.

15

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• If you are trying to say that liberals are to smart for falling for fake news... that is laughable.

• I'm saying sensible people check their facts.

• Fair enough.
      A large part of Trump's win was that liberals (progressives) didn't turn out in large numbers. At least partly that was because they did check their facts and didn't appreciate being expected to vote for the person they rejected in 2008. In 2008, Obama ran to Clinton's left, even if he didn't manage to govern that way.

• Hillary napped through this campaign

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think that's the only source of fake news. lol
    But I see you want an echo chamber for yourself here.

• At least one admitted source of fake news has said that they made their money from fooling Trump supporters with made up stories, and you don't see a problem with that? Hell, he thought he was making up stories that were ridiculously unbelievable!

But I see you want to dismiss me without evidence.

How about listing other fake news sites so we can see if they were peddling left- or right-wing fake news.

• Also, we're not talking about omitting details or having a biased slant or opinion on a story, we're talking about making up stories about things that didn't happen to people who never existed.

• I don't read blogs as news, so I've never fallen for that.

• Many people do, and it affects the ratings of what is trending, and then the news media picks them up and publishes them.

• @Red_Arrow news media gets their info from newspapers or journalists.

• newspapers are a form of media. Journalists reach people through the media.

• Low IQ Trump supports love fake news.

• This is why kings went around burning books during the dark ages. isn't it?