Is the Qur'an the word of God?

Quran is undoubtedly the word of Allah (God). The claim is made by no one but Allah Himself.

"This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqoon (the pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained))." The Holy Quran (Surah Al-Baqarah, Verse 2)

Allah makes it clear in the Quran that it could not have been revealed by anyone other than Him. He says:

"And this Qur’an is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and the earth), but it is a confirmation of (the revelation) which was before it [i. e. the Taurat (Torah), and the Injeel (Gospel)], and a full explanation of the book (i. e. laws, decreed for mankind) – wherein there is no doubt – from the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinn, and all that exists)." The Holy Quran (Surah Younus, Verse 37)

'And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down (the Quran) upon Our Servant (Muhammad Peace be upon him), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) other than Allah, if you should be truthful. But if you do not - and you will never be able to - then fear the Fire (Hell), whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.'' Surah Al-Baqarah [2:23-24]

Over 1400 years has passed yet no one produced another Quran

819

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Believe whatever you want to believe. There is no absolute clarity. The way I always see it is that even if there was a God, I think he had long abandoned all of us and let us suffer all on our own with whatever we want to and choose to do. Whatever suffering and harm that we create or come to us, is entirely on us, our actions or inaction and consequences as results. Hence that's the price of free will.

If you google things on god, the koran, you will find that not absolutely everyone is in agreement with the koran being absolutely the word of god or that it is absolutely right or absolutely true, as there are way too many contradictions of beliefs.

Because you will find others that argue against and say that the koran and islam is false or that their prophet was false, as that means not everyone is agreement and believe that the koran is the true way, one way, only way, and the right way, and not everyone would agree that it is the true path, the one path, only path or right path to follow for them.

What Girls Said 7

• no it is not, but you can believe that if you want to.

• If you say it's not, then you have to prove it.

• the glorious Quran is the proclamation to humanity, it is the fountain of mercy and wisdom, it is a guide to the errand, it is a warning to the heedless, it is an assurance to those in doubt, it is a solace to those in suffering and it is a hope to those in despair.

For any book to claim that it is the word of God, for any book to prove that it is the revelation from Almighty God, it should stand the test of time.

Today is the age of science and technology. The glorious Quran has 6000 verses out of which more than 1000 verses speak about science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_TOInWLNy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2iMrxN4NyE

• Everything you said about the Quran is not in the Quran.
      Please read the Quran and compare it what you believe.
      you can get a free copy here; https://www.quranspeaks.com/free-quran/

• So a book about some god being says it is the word of god. You got any information on who actually wrote the damn thing? Because i could knock out a book saying its the word of xlacty and is absolute truth if i really wanted to.

• I was hoping this question was gonna be a trainwreck but no one engages you lmao

• thanks for sharing

• God is not aware of it.

• yes it is

• Tbh I wish I knew more about all this stuff, but what I do know, I love.

What Guys Said 18

• Well…no. Why not? Because I could write something like that. And people did. It’s just more likely explanation, which doesn’t need some god-like figure to exist. Just some people, who pull out scam, and…it works. So I would say absolutely not.
    This comment is work of UltraGod, make no mistake, it’s the creator of all universes, of everything, what there could possibly be, even outside your reality. Do as it say, or you just…vanish. Now, do you see, how easy it is. Where is your proof, that I didn’t just pulled out of my ass?
    But the same goes to other „holy books“. And I see, you’ve already selected most helpful guy opinion. I think it’s just…middle ground.
    Let me ask you something. You are teacher, and you ask kids, how much is 2+2. One kid says it’s 6, the other says 4. MHG says it’s 5. But…no. It’s 4. There is no middle ground.
    We have this thing, called science. I’m not going to lie to you, I like it. Why? It makes predictions, which are testable. Do some experiment, and you get some result. Do the same experiment with different people, different location, time and so on, you’ll get…same result. Reproducibility, testability and predictability of theories is what’s makes them true. You can say, that you don’t believe in gravity, sure, but you’ll fall anyway. It’s almost like reality doesn’t really give a fuck about your belief and it’s the same. Flat earthers are another crazy group.
    So yeah, in the end…by all means, believe in what you want. If you are comfortable with believing lies…your thing. But don’t force these beliefs on others. Do you want to convince? Bring evidence. And please, don’t point me at clichés like human body or…what it was, sunset or sunrise? Like it matters. Human body has a lot of flaws, imperfections and obsolete things from the past. Your eyes are having dead angles, google that. Why would god do that? Is he retarded? Or did he actually intended to do that on purpose? If he existed, I wouldn’t have worshiped him. Because of imperfect body, yes. He is piece of shit, for that. SO no, more likely…we just evolved. Suddenly, imperfection is just result of random process.

• ''Well…no. Why not? Because I could write something like that. And people did.''

This is what God says in the Quran ''And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down (the Quran) upon Our Servant (Muhammad Peace be upon him), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) other than Allah, if you should be truthful.'' Surah Al-Baqarah [2:23]

it has been over 1400 years now and yet no one was able to make anything even one chapter like that in the Quran and of course God knew this which is why he said in the same Quran ''But if you do not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.'' Surah Al-Baqarah [2:24]

• if you believe in the (or any) religion then you are most likely going to believe that it is the word of god.

i; however, do not

• Read the scriptures of the religion you believe and when you find contradictions in it or something wrong logically and scientifically then ask yourself, is it really 100% the word of God?

• i'm not going to argue those things you brought up because it is irrelevant. if you believe in a religion and it's texts than you believe that the things in those texts were the purported words of god. Muhammed the prophet is said to have spoken with God and written the Quran based on that. just like the Bible is purported to be the word of God

contradictions, sciences and all that is rather irrelevant since people who believe in those religions typically choose to believe it is the word of god. this isn't my opinion. i don't believe in or subscribe to any religion.

• Why do you ask this question?

• because I am not selfish and it is against my believe to be selfish. Today I wanted to share with you the Quran because the Quran is the proclamation to humanity, it is the fountain of mercy and wisdom, it is a guide to the errand, it is a warning to the heedless, it is an assurance to those in doubt, it is a solace to those in suffering and it is a hope to those in despair.

How do I know the Quran is indeed God's revelation?

How can I (OlderandWiser) learn?
      Read it for yourself.
      Where can I get a copy of Quran?

• How do you feel abut Christians who accept the Bible as the Word of God?

• It's called 'blind faith'
    As of now it's a just book. But psychologically preying and believing may help relieve daily tensions. You are encouraged to believe and should... enjoy

• For any book to claim that it is the word of God, for any book to prove that it is the revelation from Almighty God, it should stand the test of time.

• Yes true, it helps people cope with life Stresses. It helps give direction when we can't find one. Gives us hope when there isn't any

The brain feels very rewarded - which is why you should follow any religion you like.. doesn't matter which one... all will give the same effect

• This isn't really a question to be asking on thus website.

• There are hundreds of religions out there.
    Why do you think yours is the correct one?

• Holy shit. You are like the jehovas witnesses. you never stop.

• Yes it is.

• You ask humans, you should ask God

• God has already answered already,
      He said "Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam" Quran 3:19

• Why do you want to ask it here... On " GIRLS ASK GUYS" ? Ask yourself. Does it make any sense?

• When I said "does it make any sense?", I am talking about the question, not Quran.

• I do not like Zakir Naik because his very own methodology of passing the message of Quran is against the methodology prescribed in Quran. This "shove down the throat" method is against the teachings of Islam. Just see him in those large congregations and you'll understand what I mean.

In any case, my point was, GAG is not the forum to bring up this topic. If you have any respect for your religion, don't mention it here.

• I wipe my ass with the pages of both the Qur'an and the Bible

• Yeah, Christians say the same shit about their god, and hindus about their's, so on and so forth, but in the end you're all wrong.

• Wow, I'm Christian but I must say, I really admire your dedication, keep it up. May God be with you brother.

• Such silliness. It was written by men. It is not the word of anyone other than them

• I'm a Christian and I say believe what you want.
    Don't bother about it.

• Quran is undoubtedly the word of Allah 😊

• hey God is one. we call him in many names in different region. The supernatural power we treat it has God. That zakir Naik is a basturd and tries to convert other religion people into Muslim. Muslim religion also represents peace but he encourages terrorist and motivating terrorist activities. They were many cases filed in many countries. Even though it was wrong it confidently speaks and make it right words. many people proved that he was wrong. In Saudi I Mecca you see lord Shiva ideol and trishul even that he blames. many of Muslims in India came to know it and was silent of it. but this bustard districting it and motivating their innocent minda to terrorist activities.

• I have to disagree with part of your statement. Islam is not peaceful religion at all. In the past, they always tried to conquer Europe. Fortunately, they always failed.

• now what they are studying was not a Quran actually. it was not easy to study it. every holy bible they won't give direct action in it. but the followers are entirely wrong and making it wrong.

• How can the quaran be the word of god, if the old testament, is the word of god?

• it's a tactic by saten-divide and conquer. Christianity was suppose to be the only religion... that changed in jesus's day.

• There is such thing as the old testament and the new testament then the Quran is the latest testament.

• The Bible stands the test of time as well-lessons were as true then as they are now