Do you think it's offensive that Wonder Woman does not have any armpit hair in this pic?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 91

• Lmfao no. If that offends you, you need to go back inside the house and just stay there until you get over yourself.

• How is this offensive? I find it offensive that they think she needs armpit hair. Seriously... can we just deport feminist to an island of their own so they can get off the bullshit already. This is just stupid.

• anthropologists believe that 4000bc women were using arsenic and quicklime to remove hair .
    around 500bc women in Rome used pumice stones and small primitive blades as razors .
    More women began shaving around the 1890's and became popularized by 1915 .
    the Scene in the trailer where WM raises her arms looks like it takes place in France
    (or maybe it's London) sometime in the late 1890's or early the 20th . Which makes it
    historically plausible she might have shaved during that time period . it's a movie dammit .
    much-a-do-about-nothing-important .

• no offense intended at you Toad-1 . i dinna realize this was your article until after i made my comment .

• Who gives a fuck lol I couldn't careless XD

• No! I swear people nowadays get offended by the pettiest crap

• Triggered?
    β€œWhether a woman has armpit hair/stubble or not is her choice – both options are perfectly fine and dandy,”
    That doesn't sound like a person who's triggered to me. She just raises a valid point - that Wonder woman had been in the amazons for a long time and that perhaps shaving wouldn't be the top priority.
    in my opinion there's no need to yell "OMG SO TRIGGERED" when it's literally just people talking about the possibility of making a movie a bit more realistic in terms of female beauty standards... tbh y'all the ones who sound triggered, this is just an interesting discussion and a different perspective.

• Realistic? But in reality, most proper women shave their pits

• Wonder woman fucking dhows her skin in public everyday saving the world in the comics.

Besides, her original character in the comics was written to not have hair, so there is no reason why she should the both of yous personal 'realistic' idea of beauty.

You both are cool with carrying hairy amps around, doesn't mean many girls out there are also cool with it. Most of the hit chicks that came home with me didn't grow a big beard under their armpit.

Even my mother and sister don't. So If you guys are into bearded armpits, well suite yourselves.

• @Joti_Harrison who said anything about bearded armpits lol? And I'm pretty sure the gals you've taken home were anticipating to get laid. So you know, there's that. And kudos to you for inspecting your mom's and sister's armpits? Wtf.

• Can't we enjoy anything in 2017?

• This is so stupid I can't even make a joke about it πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

• No? Unless, does she have armpit hair in the comics? Unless it's a key part of her character, then no I don't see why it should matter.

• Why would it be offensive? Are superheroes exempt from personal care?

• Wow, I never thought about that... They sure don't do a good job of informing people at the secret underground feminist meetings. How am I supposed to know what I'm supposed to be angry about if no one tells me? >: c

• How does one get triggered by armpit hair?

I mean sure, not very logical, like in certain games where females get stranded on an Island and after 1 year still aren't hairy, that's creating a fucked up idea in people's heads.

This? Uh well it doesn't trigger me, wouldn't have give it a second thought if you hadn't pointed it out. Now it did trigger me 'cause I answered... damn..

• Lol no. Even the most "empowered feminists", some of them shave their pits. Besides, what if it was Wonder woman's choice to shave them? I know I choose to have bare underarms haha

• ahh no... since when has wonderwomen ever had hairy ampits? i wouldn't be suprised if she had a neatly trimmed up triangle of pubic hair or even hairless lmao.

• I think its offensive to suggest she needs armpit hair.

• WTF? Anybody who gets offended about that needs to grow up, open their eyes and get a life.

• I'd probably find it more offensive if she did :)

• I'd rather she didn't.

I find women with hairy (and I mean hairy, not stubble) horrible.

I mean ladies we all have days we can't be arsed or in the winter frankly nobody will see so we go longer than usual. But hairy hairy? No no no in my book.

• Feminism can't be angry at her if they're for women making choices themselves because wonder woman answers to nobody and shaves her armpits if she damn well pleases

• Nope! a lot of feminist are angry that wonder woman, a symbol of female strength in the mostly masculine area of comics and super heroes, is adhering to the female standard of beauty set by the patriarchy. Which is that women are expected to have shaved pits, while guys aren't really required to. You see the dilemma of feminists of 2017?

Their mothers wanted equal rights, I can't even put a name to what these current third wave feminists want?

• I guess they're not sure exactly what is left of the true American patriarchy, so they're just gonna yell at everything and hope it works

• No. And people who care are one step away from insane.

• The things that people choose to be triggered by in the world really astonish me.

• Good lord has it really come to this...

Look, all the ladies who wanna go hairy, good for y'all, I support your decision, it doesn't affect me but I KNOW that the majority of girls don't wanna go hairy and I don't wanna see Wonder Woman with fluffy pits, she needs to be as aerodynamic as possible so she can move quickly and plus, it feels better being smooth, we all know it, I get your statement and your freedoms but come on just let us enjoy Wonder Woman as the beautiful badass she is.

• Not at all, unless a woman is insecure then she probably would find it offensive. But not at all. It promotes Hygiene in a way.

I applause Gal Gadot as an Actress

• I don't think is offensive because we don't see hairy models or actresses anywhere so it's really nothing new.
    We women already know that not being shaved or waxed is like a crime these days and since shaving was invented so we are used to this.

• Why the hell would you think that is offensive?

• read the details lol. its not me

• Blue-haired Feminist land whales hate beauty.
      They want everything to be as repulsive as they are.

• No way. I think it might be a positive message if she did have armpit hair, BUT it's totally normal for women to shave their armpit hair and it is a personal choice. Neither shaving nor choosing not to shave is offensive.

• Can people stop using triggered to mean easily offended by dumb shit. It's kind of insulting to a girl with ptsd, makes things like panic attacks and severe anxiety sound like something trivial and overly dramatic.

• Blame this outrage culture we are in makingvthat word a thing now

• trust me I do. It's kind of like when you're a kid and people tell you to pick your battles. It's like everyone is just complaining so much that no one takes anything seriously now. Calm tf down about armpit hair people, let's about shit that matters like domestic violence on both men and women and verbal abuse. Feminism is equality right?

• I certainly don't want to be looking at anyone's armpit hair. So no.

• Ok... This is not offensive at all. Considering she fight all day, she must sweat a lot and it would be gross if she had hairy armpit. Too who care about this really XD

• Fucking hell... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• More from Girls
    61

What Guys Said 127

• LMAO when I saw this I couldn't stop laughing.
    It just proves you that SJW and feminist really don't care about women one bit, they just care about themselves.
    They're having a movie with female superhero as the main character, and all they could think about is their armpits (btw, what's up with all this judging how a woman looks? Ain't that sexist? :/ ... xD).
    Lol these people just wanna whine and cry, they've been doing that since they were a baby and haven't stopped; they don't know what else to do.

• the real problem is that she has both boobs, the Amazons in myth cut off one of their breasts and cauterized it to be better archers

• I mean, seriously, if people are going to complain about portraying the amazons wrong at least they could complain about what lore actually said they looked like, if not, then don't complain

• And then they wonder why there aren't any decent movies about female superheroes. Is it offensive that none of the Avengers have any chest hair or armpit hair in the movies, not even Captain America, Thor or The Hulk? No, it isn't. So why the hell should it be offensive that Wonder Woman doesn't? If anything, it'd be offensive if she DID, when all of the other male heroes don't themselves.

• Isn't modern feminism all about being offended by other people's choices that don't impact you at all?

Sorry, did I say feminism? I meant modern society as a whole. HOW DARE YOU DO SOMETHING I DON'T. Ketchup ON your fries instead of on the side? BURN IN HELL

• person 1: ketchup is disgusting go kill yourself
      person 2: how dare you say that? you fucking asshole!
      person 3: don't you dare verbally abuse that person!!!
      person 4: Are you try to take away his freedom of speech!!!

- a summery modern society

• @Marvelousadventures person 5: *His*? Did you just assume xheir gender?

• she's an amazon, she should only have one boob, the other should have been cut off and cauterized while she was awake

• Basically what I'm saying is that, if you are going to complain about accuracy, then don't cherry pick

• She wouldn't have make up on her face and over her whole body with her hair styled either. And she would be wearing rags or animal skin.

• "f you are going to complain about accuracy, then don't cherry pick"

They're trying to fulfill a confirmation bias.

• this lady's based off of a cartoon character you know something that was drawn on a piece of paper I don't think somebody was going to draw there cartoon character Harry and peace like especially since the promise of the characters based off of a princess of the Amazon I haven't seen many Harry princesses and even so she still a costume like if anyone really feel some type of way about this its because you legitimately have no life and you just looking for shit to talk about to make you involving ass feel better

• doesn't really seem like people are triggered but just asking a somewhat thought provoking question

she comes from a place where only women live in the Amazon... so it is reasonable to ask would a person coming from an all female community in the hurt of a jungle really spend time waxing or shaving?

• What? Who even takes the time to notice this stuff?

400lb gorilla girls living on Social Security in small apartments, eating almost nothing that's healthy, sleeping with every man and woman with low self-esteem that they can manipulate; women who haven't showered in five days and who are only upset because they ran out of bridge card money for razors and now have hairy armpits themselves? And who fail even simple English grammar and diction assignments like they haven't learned jack since 3rd grade?

Because I'm at a loss for who in their right mind feels justified in giving a crap about this.

• Why would you assume that she would? Most 'Western Nations' it is kind of the norm that women shave their underarms. If you want underarm hair, you need to google that and get the hairy porn stuff!!
    I don't want Wonder Woman to have underarm hair!! :)

• No, that's stupid. I think its offensive every time a man has a waxed or shaved chest, when women ask men to shave their bodies and say that beards are unattractive, its just their way of oppressing men. But back in the real world that is stupid, that is a stupid thing to complain about. Seriously out of all the things going on in the world (how about how men/fathers are being portrayed as bumbling idiots in damn near everything isn't that a bit offensive? How about poverty or substance abuse or literally anything that actually impacts things?) to care that a woman has shaved armpits.

• Is it offensive that literally every male superhero caters to male beauty standards?
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...2215b6555a.jpg

lorenakoran.files.wordpress.com/.../...irtless.jpg

akns-images. eonline. com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201437/rs_560x415-140407125307-shirtlessironman. jpg

• This movie is a social experiment to see if men will like it better than Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters was an epic feminist fail, but what if the woman figure was badass?

She might be but feminist sjw types get their feelings hurt because she is hot... with no armpit hair. They are tearing down a social experiment to see if guys might actually like this as much as Wolverine or Spider man. A social experiment being done partly for them... but they got triggered.

Oh no... more offended special snowflakes anew.

• No one is offended or triggered by this. It's about progressive cred. No one cares if you get upset about something that's actually an issue, because everyone agrees with you. You can complain all you want about something like sexism in Axe commercials, but that's a reasonable position. They pick something intentionally unreasonable and target near in groups because they think it earns them more cred. So people find ridicoulous things like this to get angry about, because it puts them even further to the left than everyone else. It's about reaffirming their identity. No one actually gives a shit about this.

• Has it always been that way in the comics? At least in the original versions of the character in the original comics? Did any later versions have these details added?

• I feel like armpit hair isn't a theme the movie was trying to comment on. It's more like the people who were offended by this were desperate to find an object to focus their insecurities on so they can validate their hatred.

On an unrelated note, If I was wonderwoman, I would wax my armpits. Hell, I am average-no-one-cares-aboutman, and I wax my chest and trim my armpit hair!

• It's more offensive that people are actually offended by this.

I guess they could have compromised by giving her armpit hair while on the island of Themyscira, then shaving it off once she enters human civilization and has to blend in.

But even in the 1910s, which I think is the time period for this movie, armpit shaving wasn't common in America. Shaving usually depended on the fashion of the time, and on which body parts were exposed. If the Amazon women followed this same logic, maybe they started shaving before the rest of civilization, given their skimpy clothing. The look of smooth, clean skin is something women can prefer too, not just men.

• Or maybe she shaves because she isn't a pig who wants her sweat to collect on her armpit hair all day and bring a stink cloud wherever she goes.

But hey of course everything that even slightly inconveniences a female is a degenerated practice created by the rule of patriarchy to control and exploit women.

• I'd be offended if she did have armpit hair. What, Wonder Woman shouldn't be capable of personal grooming?

• https://i.imgur.com/kTvVoOk.png
    Oh man, I love reading stories like this.

• People are so easily "triggered" by everything now. They make it a hobby to be offended by the smallest, most minute details. I'll never understand it. Anyways, nope. Doesn't offend me in the slightest.

• There is absolutely no point in trying to ask for realism in a movie about superheroes.

• Don't most women not have armpit hair? Is it also offensive that she's wearing makeup and probably did her hair earlier?

• I dont think its offensive at all. I would actually be a little turned off if she had a big sweaty dripping bushy bush in there while battling in the war that would end all wars on the silver screen.

• No, it's not offensive.

• Really? Fucking really? People are getting triggered by armpit hair? When is the next shuttle to outer space, please? I don't want to live near humans anymore.

• Feminists, social-justice warriors and sundry other loons of the left hate beauty.
    They want everything to be ugly and repulsive.
    That says a lot about them.

• Is this what feminists are obsessed with now?

Could their bullshit futile whining be any more pathetic?

• Yes I'm a guy with hair and I don't feel represented enough in this movie so I will now throw a tantrum !!

No jk idgaf

• Who knew armpits would be so controversial. And what if she did have armpit hair? Surely someone would be offended then, too. Why are people so offended by so much? It's like a new hobby people have.

• More from Guys
    97