Should I get a second dog?

I work at the humane society, so I'm entitled to a free adoption. There's a dog I used to work with who I just found out is still in the shelter after a month. I don't know why she's still there; she's young, healthy, housebroken, sweet, and very well behaved. I'm very tempted to go get her.

Pros:
- I love her.

Cons:
- She's a pit bull, so it'll be hard to find a place to live that'll accept her.
- I work a lot and have just enough free time for my existing dog.
- My bed isn't big enough for two large dogs plus myself. :P

I've always loved pit bulls and planned on owning them someday, but the plan was to wait until I own a house or something (since most landlords discriminate). I think I could pass this dog off as a hound mix potentially, but I'd really rather not lie on my lease if I can help it.
  • Yes do it.
  • No you moron.

12