How do I stop missing someone who doesn't miss me?

I shouldn't be missing him cause he's the one who rejected me and wanted to date another girl. I keep thinking back to the good times we had together and ignoring all the promises he broke and all the hurt he put me through. I honestly wish I didn't miss him :c

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Take off the rose tinted spectacles and stop remembering everything like it was perfect. It wasn't. If it was perfect then you'd be with him right now. Yes, you felt a lot for him but he wasn't the right guy and there is no way around that reality. Let's say that he suddently wanted to be with you now, would you even want him back? Would that do anything for your self respect and your dignity?

You are missing what he could have been and what you wanted him to be, not what he is. Keep reminding yourself of that every time those idealistic thoughts come into your head.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just don't bother about him and remember that he is not good for you. Stop looking for him, because even if you're angry at him, you already gave your heart to him. So the reality is this is you, not him. You chose to give your heart to somebody who didn't deserve you. This is actually reverse psychologically here. You're angry at him because you're angry at yourself for doing so. The good times aren't worth it when it wasn't a good relationship for you to keep in the first place.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Get mad, put on some angry music, and punch a wall (careful with your knuckles). I always listen to aggressive music when dealing with stuff like this, it helps a lot.

0|0
    2|0
  • just get ur mind into things which dont remibd you of him..
    and ul find sme1 better dont worry :)

2|0
    0|0
    • Right! Like think about your goals. Remind yourself that you don't want to ever be with or marry a douche bag, let alone have kids with them.

• That sucks but what can you do?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• I know your struggle on missing someone who probably doesn't miss me. For me it's friends that told me that they are cutting me out of their life. I can't seem to forget them. I look at old pictures and think of when we would hang out. It breaks my heart every time. I can't forget any of them. But I wish I could.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just focus on doing a lot of self care things like doing my toes, getting my hair done, buying a new book, or planning a trip to go out of town! Do things that make you happy. And I know it's hard. I've been there before whether its a so or family member or ex friend. Be selfish with yourself. And try to go for a whole day without talking about the person either. that'll help a lot too. good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • We always remember the good times, don't we? It can be really hard, but give it time. You will get over it and find someone just like he did. Its okay to be upset, it's normal. Just don't go back to him.

1|0
    0|0
  • You stop pondering on his thought. Catch yourself and focus on other things.

You won't move on otherwise

1|0
    0|0
  • Find a rebound guy. Start talking to a lot to get your mind off him and hopefully you'll find someone who respects you more than he did!

1|0
    1|0
  • Find someone else and distract him from your thoughts

1|0
    0|0
  • Time will heal all pain just try and stay away from him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you need to remember the wrong he did and know you deserve better

1|0
    0|0
  • It's difficult situation but day by day everything will get better You should not be obsessed with him. Don't put him in the center of your life.
    If he is living without you then you can live without him either. You should make him your enjoying life without him. Buy new dress wear like a woman show him what he lost. When he will see you you should act life you don't care about him (even though you are dying without him inner voice) then he will interest you. Mens want what they don't have so don't show him weakness. You are matter don't forget that

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't think that showing off just so he can see what he had lost is the best way. You still obsess about him, but in another way. It doesn't really help. Been there, done that, don't recommend.

• Sweet heart get onto things DAT can madly take you're mind off him
    Or accept the fact DAT it can never be

0|0
    0|0
  • make yourself busy

1|0
    0|0
  • Hobbies

1|0
    0|0
  • Move on find someone else

1|0
    0|0
  • Get a dog instead of a cat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you don't actually miss him. You miss all the things you food with him. You wonder, how did we have such good times together if he didn't really care about me? And the answer is that it was all an act to get something out of you, so that wasn't really the real him.

2|0
    0|0
    • did, not food. why my phone

• Exactly... you miss the positive times over the negative. And sometimes as women and as good people both men and women can tend to look for our own faults. Like what we did wrong to have caused poor behavior with our partner or caused this person to either cause us to leave them or leave us. At the end of the day you're better than any bullcrap someone tried to make yiu swallow. Let someone better find you. In the meantime focus on your career, your future, and your leave. You deserve so much more than what you've been accepting. #facts

• Honestly I've been struggling with the same problem but all you can do is give it time and focus on yourself. Do things you love, meet new people, remember who you were before him

2|0
    0|0
  • By time

1|0
    0|0
  • You need to just move on. He is not thinking about you. I know it will be tough but it has to be done because you are wasting energy pinning after someone who is not interested. There is someone out there who will like you and you back and most important treat you right.

I really liked a guy but he kind of rejected me ( he still doesn't know and that was a few years ago) I had people just tell me he sees me as a friend which broke my heart because for some reason I thought he could like me and made me really insecure and wondering why? At times I miss him but it would have been too hard for me to be his friend so i moved on

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes