Is it possible to see what jail life is all about without having to be convicted of a crime? Maybe volunteering?

This may sound weird but is it possible to go into a prison (without being arrested) to see what a day for the prisoners is like. I don't know but I've always been interested in the criminal side of life so studying criminology and law and just watching police based documententries. Now I would actually like to see what it is like for the prisoners inside there. However I don't want to go in there for committing a crime. So is there a possible way of going into a prison for a few hours to see what it's like?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask the people on duty there or if you study in a law college or criminolgy there are some professors maybe who knows anout it

Most Helpful Girl

• Google is your friend in this case.

There's actually a tv show about it called "60 Days In"
    (I can't post a link yet so you have to search for it.)

So it's definitely has been done before (is being done).

It's not so rare. I remember hearing about voluntary lock up situations when I was a kid (long ago lol!)

Just google and ask around your local police station, your criminology professor, etc.