Is it possible to see what jail life is all about without having to be convicted of a crime? Maybe volunteering?

This may sound weird but is it possible to go into a prison (without being arrested) to see what a day for the prisoners is like. I don't know but I've always been interested in the criminal side of life so studying criminology and law and just watching police based documententries. Now I would actually like to see what it is like for the prisoners inside there. However I don't want to go in there for committing a crime. So is there a possible way of going into a prison for a few hours to see what it's like?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask the people on duty there or if you study in a law college or criminolgy there are some professors maybe who knows anout it

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Google is your friend in this case.

There's actually a tv show about it called "60 Days In"
    (I can't post a link yet so you have to search for it.)

So it's definitely has been done before (is being done).

It's not so rare. I remember hearing about voluntary lock up situations when I was a kid (long ago lol!)

Just google and ask around your local police station, your criminology professor, etc.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• 😅🤔😯😝 you are freaking awesome bro... just pay to a corrupt police man... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Volunteer to be locked up? Well you're the first person that stated that.

0|0
    1|0
  • There is a charity event where I live wear you get locked in jail until your friends raise enough to "bail" you out

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes