Am I normal or crazy?

I know I'm going to come off crazy, but I have this other part of me like another personality I guess, but she goes by Callie. She's completely opposite of me I'm shy and kind and tomboyish while she is girly and mean and narcissistic. She tends to come out when I'm upset or arguing with somebody or when I'm depressed. Most of the time I'm "aware" when she's out, but sometime's I kinda blackout and can't stop what she's saying. I was raised by a narcissistic father for most of my life and he became verbally, emotionally and physically abusive during my teen years, I guess maybe that's where she could've came from. It's like I took my bad traits I aquired from my father and put it in a different person. I know I sound nuts, but I just want to understand why I'm like this and what it is and if there's any way to fix it. Or if im just plain out crazy haha. Thanks

27

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no clue whether this is mild or serious, but I would urge you to get some professional help. If there are times that "a different personality" takes over and you "kinda blackout", I really think you should seek help from someone who has lots & lots of training/credentials.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dissociative Personality Disorder, formerly termed Multiple Personality Disorder.

A separate "you" has emerged to deal with anyone or anything that could trigger memories of a past traumatic event. This is your brain trying to protect itself. You should not feel ashamed, but the dangers of harm are very real, and you should seek professional help to overcome this.

Remember, it's not weakens to ask for help, it's taking charge of yourself and your own life. This is an affliction that was dealt to you, placed on you by the abusive actions of another, it's not your fault, but it is your cross to bare, so it is your responsibility to find help dealing with it. Good luck! You can do this!

• I have a personality disorder myself, and most of the people who know me can't even tell because I've worked very hard to gain control of it.