If a guy is depressed, could that mean he may distance himself from you? Even if he likes you?

I don't know if he is depressed but from what he says there is a chance. I swear every time he brings up details related to this and how he is feeling he goes months without talking to me, even though I never give him a reason to. Sometimes I feel like he may like me then he does that. If a guy is struggling with this would this be a reason as to why he would distance himself?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• In my own personal case, I only distanced myself if my depression was about the girl in some way or form.

• I really hope I'm not the reason. I doubt I'm the whole reason if anything. If anything I feel like I'm a good support system when he expresses his emotions to me.

• I see what you mean, I don't know why he acts like he can't communicate with me either. I wouldn't even say I'm close with him it's just when we are together I do feel very comfortable and that I can tell him anything but then he just goes MIA for a while after emotions seem to come into the conversation (reason for me asking this question)

• Clearly he prefers no emotions. He just kind of sounds like a douche to me, sorry to say. If he can't give you a single reason, I'd say stop talking till he can.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes , people tend to be like that when they have some problems