What's your opinion on people who have kids when they have serious genetic disorders/conditions/disabilities?

I have seen several documenteries about people with sgenetic disorders that choose to have children, even when the chances of their child having the same disorder is very high

I find extremly selfish, having children is kinda selfish, but its even worse when people KNOW the chances of their kids having the same condition as them is big, but still choose to have them

1234

Most Helpful Guy

• When you think having kids is selfish then you know you come from some self hating liberal country, probably white and liberal too.

You dont get to decide who reproduces and who doesn't. Its peoples right to reproduce.

• Exactly who does this neo nazi think she is.

• When did i say at any point i wanted to decide who reproduces? @timesplittersxsxd im av neo nazi because i think its selfiish to have children?

Most Helpful Girl

• Although I personally wouldn't chose to have a child if in this state, I can completely sympathise.

A maternal instinct and there is a difference between adoption and your own child. It might seem selfish, but you are forgetting one crucial thing. THEY HAVE KNOWN NO OTHER LIFE. It's not like their arms fell off or their legs stopped working one day. They have lived through life and know it's possible, and becoming easier every day.

If you put aside their disabilities (because like I said, just like you and me that's the life they have always know) your question is "should we make people feel bad for being disabled and restrict their rights?"

I understand your concern but it honestly shows your lack of understanding for the disabled. My dad is an amputee and I've been looking after him for 7 years. I guess what I'm saying is don't judge for something you have no experience or no comprehension. Either you consider disabled people a person, or you don't.

Which are you?