How do you successfully save money? Do you and your partner agree on the same saving method?

My plan for saving money is knowing how much I spend on bills and on personal needs, withdrawing all that money and leaving the Bank card at home. The rest of the money would stay in my bank account but would not be touched anymore.
It happened to me so many times... I went out, spent money in some fast food place, then went to fashion stores and bought a bunch of crap, wore it once or twice and never again...

Do you feel the same way?
Do you feel like carrying your bank card or credit card everywhere you go is the reason why you end up spending too much money on things that you don't need?

Do you feel like if you withdraw the money and taking only the exact amount that you need enables you to have more control of your money?

I feel like having cash money makes me feel more in control of my money and of course I wouldn't walk around with large quantities of money because I would feel more nervous (and would be at risk of being robbed).

Anyways do you have a savings plan? Will you share it with me?

Thank you very much guys! I appreciate the time you took to share your options and saving methods!
Have a good day šŸ˜Š How do you successfully save money? Do you and your partner agree on the same saving method?

1013

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was really fit, I never worried about my diet. I could eat whatever I wanted (because I didn't eat more than I needed to eat). In the same way, we don't spend more than we need to spend. Money isn't even an issue. Just like food wasn't an issue for me about 20+ years ago.

My wife and I pretty much spend money on what we need and once in a while on fun stuff. We save what is left over.
    We put everything on credit cards (2% cash back). We pay them off every month (unless it's a 0% introductory offer).
    It's more of an internalized control. A budget isn't necessary for us. Just like a diet wasn't necessary for me 20+ years ago.

If I were falling behind. (Not able to pay off credit card debt.) I would stop using them immediately. I would trim back all unnecessary expenses and I'd get out of debt immediately. I'd go on a financial diet. (A budget)

People just need to spend less.

• ok...
      I can't trust credit cards, but it's amazing how it works for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey I had the same struggles as you. I always spent way to much on stupid stuff i didn't really need and never saved anything so i asked my brother, who is an absolute saving/finance genius to help me. This is what he told me to do and i promise you it helped me a lot! 1) make a plan of your fix expenses like the rent, car and other stuff. 2) Then calculate what you NEED for living (not what you want) in a month. if you are not shure what you really need to spend (for me it was more than i thought, for others it's less) get an app where you can write down immediately what you are spending and for what. This is SO important, you will see clearly what are you spending for what so this will help you a lot to figure out where you need to save money and what you really need for living.
    3) One time you know how much you want to spend for food, hygiene, bustickets and other stuff its time to decide how much money you want to spend only for your personal pleasure. Is it 20 Dollar, is it 100? get clear about it and set yourself a limit. If it's important for you to go shopping once in a while thats fine but do it consciously and know your limit!
    4) Make a plan! Now you know exactly what you need to spend in a month and for what. Make an register in your computer with every month of the yeah, write in it what you planned to spend every month and what you want to save. At the end of the month you will check your banking details and write what you actually spent in the line under your plans. The Exel Program can automatically calculate how much you saved or if you're over the top. With this One-Year-Plan you will always be aware of your financial situation.
    5) Take the sum of money that you need for living and devide it into 30. Now you know how much you may spend in a day. You can also devide it into 4 and see how much you may spend in a week but get conscious about what your daily output should look like.
    That's the masterplan, i hope it's not to complicated and that i did explain it well. Sorry if my englisch sounds a little bit funny sometimes, im not native speaker šŸ˜

• Thank you
      I understood I'll use some of the tips for my actual savings plan!
      your English is great I am not native as well.
      where are you from