Do males think differently to females?

I've heard many times that boys think really different to girls, as in guys tend to not get as emotional to girls, girls are more needy etc... but how much of this is true?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on both the men and women in question.

Men and women generally view some things differently, but to varying degrees. It's really hard to give specifics, because there are always exceptions.

I've known women that aren't emotional, at all, just as I've known some men who were very emotional. Same with being needy, and many other things. There are certain stereotypes about both men and women, but they don't apply to everyone.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they do. I find men in general more logical thinkers than women , and they seem to try to work out a problem or dilemma using their brains without emotions being too much involved. I love the way men reason on things. They tend to get to the point without
    " beating around the Bush" . They seem more technical minded too

I have 4 brothers and I've always went to them advice coz I love to see things from a man's perspective. It helps me to see things in a different light so I can come to some sort of resolution

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• girls are often more confident in their emotional feelings and expressing them as it's not considered weird. Guys feel they have an image to live up to of being confident to cover their insecurities. So they don't necessarily think different but they are expected to portray themselves differently

0|0
    0|0
  • High amount
    Imagine guys as total oposites
    You overthink, we dont think (when it comes to social things)
    You care about your appearance, we dont
    You care about what people think of you, we dont
    You listen, we dont
    You think we will get your hints, we won't
    You think were smart, we aren't.

If anyone wants to tell me that Im wrong go ahead I won't read what you wrote anyway

1|0
    0|0
    • I think your entire reply is wrong, except the part where 'If anyone wants to tell me that Im wrong go ahead'

• Men can be more needy. Society puts pressure on us to hide our emotions and be rough and hard eyc... so we bottle it up having a girl to be open with can feel like a huge relief to a man. But YES we think soooo much different than y'all. I honestly still dont fully understand women and how they think.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, we have the same basic needs. we just are more visual and more horny. those are all biological based differences but we have the same desire for emotional connection, appreciation and recognition.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they do. In fact - even our brains do operate differently. Male brains think back and forth most of the time while female brains think left-to-right (and vice versa) most of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • On average it's true. Individually it's meaningless.

0|0
    0|0
  • Society expects them think differently from females. And they conform.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse they do. Not every person thinks the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy. I don't think that different to a girl. But, normally, yes we do.

0|0
    0|0
  • obviously. we're wired completely differently.

0|0
    0|0
  • Our brains are even different sizes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually the needy one in my relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • in certain areas yes in others no

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
  • it varies... like everything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is biology for you

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically all of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • we're more rational rather than emotional, keep things simple and don't overthink the hell out of everything like women do.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are both equal, they both need each other and they both need each other to live, males are not superior to females or vise versa... that's what I think

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, this website is banking on that shit.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes
    Hence the creation of this website

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Here's the most recent study summary, for everybody talking about actual structural brain differences: www.webmd.com/.../how-male-female-brains-differ

www.sciencemag.org/.../brains-men-and-women-aren-t-really-different-study-finds

Here's the Cliff Notes:
    "Overall, the findings suggest that "human brains do not belong to one of two distinct categories.

Women have more connections going left and right across the two halves of the brain. This could give them an advantage in pulling together information from different sources and drawing conclusions. The left half of the brain handles logical thinking, and the right is associated with intuition.

Men's brains have more connections from front to back, which may heighten their perception. They may be more attuned to what's going on around them so they can take action. Men have stronger connections between brain areas for motor and spatial skills. That means males tend to do a better job at tasks that need hand-eye coordination and understanding where objects are in space, such as throwing a ball or hammering a nail.

On average, male brains are about 10% larger than female brains. "However, bigger doesn't mean smarter," says Daniel Amen, MD. He's studied more than 45,000 brain scans. "And no differences have been found in men and women's IQs, regardless of brain size.

When your brain processes the same signals over and over, those networks will get stronger, like working out a muscle. So even if male and female brains start out similar, they may become different over time as boys and girls are treated differently with different expectations.

And brains can adapt. Like when someone loses their sight, they get better at hearing. They use the "seeing" part of their brain to process sound.

"Individuals of both sexes can have large variations in their abilities," Verma says. "For example, I have three math degrees but no sense of direction."

Biopsychosocial model. It's your biology, combined with unique psychological makeup, combined with your environment.

In other words... every PERSON thinks differently because none of us are identical in those 3 areas across time. The end. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do. Not all, but some thing women are nothings.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do think men think differently than women.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes we are different

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes