Do you prefer hardcover or paperback books?

• Hardcover
    Vote A
  • Paperback
    Vote B
  • I don't read (you really should!)
    Vote C
  • Both
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't matter. Both have their pluses and minuses which turn out equal at the end.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love both, I feel like paperback books are easier to carry around but if you own it (not just borrowing it from the library) sometimes they can wear down quickly. But they're both great! Lol

2|0
    0|0
    • I hate Ebooks though!! When I read its to spend time OFF my phone not staring into a screen more, and it's just not the same lol I like the feel of a book in my hand

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Hardcover

1|0
    0|0
  • Paperback is light and durable but wears quickly and ages quickly if not taken care of. Hardcover is built strong but is a pain to carry around. Lol especially in school with bookbags. My bookbag had like 7hardcover textbooks in it and it was a struggle changing books in locker and bringing them to classes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer both. When I did not have money to buy books , I preferred paperback. Now I can afford to buy books , so I go for hard cover as they are more durable. So choices are important. Even now , I see the price difference while buying books. And if the hard cover is more than 50% costly as compared to a paperback book , I don't buy it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care which one. But nowadays I prefer them in my Kindle

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, a paperback is more easier to manipulate, and maneuver with the pages, but a Hard cover is pretty classic.. So, I like both..

1|0
    0|0
  • I like paperbacks because I can fuck them up good without feeling bad about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't read, but I prefer paperback, but not too thin, I hate when they're super thin.

1|0
    0|0
  • Paperback is great fits in my duffel it flexes with the rest of my stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • These days, I read ebooks, but buy the important ones in hardcover to get signed and keep. :D

2|0
    0|0
  • hardcover makes it look old.. paperback is easy.. not into e books that much.. what about you?

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer hardcover because it just feels more special, but I read on my phone (ebook)

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont read nearly as much as I used to but I always prefered hardcover.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hard cover if can get them but sum books you have to settle on

1|0
    0|0
  • Hardcover for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm complacent when it comes to reading

1|0
    0|0
  • It's the content which matters to me

2|0
    0|0
  • Does it really matter?

1|0
    0|0
  • hard cover, but I don't read books

1|0
    1|0
  • Usually Paperback.

1|0
    0|0
  • digital cuz i can highlight and notate it without ruining it, access it anywhere and usually pirate them too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hardcover looks much better, but it costs more and takes up more shelf space, so I get paperback.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• i love both, and they mingle rather happily on my bookshelves... but i prefer the feel of softcover books, because i'm less paranoid about ruining them (breaking their spines or losing the jacket).

2|0
    0|0
  • paperback! this past Christmas i opened a present (a hardcover book) and i accidentally ripped a piece of the side off! ugh i can't forgive myself haha

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer hardcover. But a book in general will make me happy. I can't get down with these eReaders and stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both, hardcovers are nicer but paperbacks are great in a handbag.

And I usually buy whichever is an older publication bc I like the covers better, plus it's more original to the time period.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hardcover is good because it stays nicer for longer, but travelling with it is a pain in the ass.

2|0
    0|0
  • Hardcover because someone reason soft covers annoy the shit out of me

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer paperback books. It's been a long time since I don't read a book.

1|0
    0|0
  • Paperback!! you can tuck half of it behind the other half making it easier to read.

1|0
    0|0
  • Paperback easier to hold

1|0
    0|0
  • Hardcover

1|0
    0|0
  • hardcover

1|0
    0|0
  • It's what's in between that counts.

2|0
    0|0
  • doesn't bother me but where is the e books at?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes