How do I deal with a jealous, gossiping coworker?

So I started this job working with children in January and things have been decent with my coworkers. This one girl just seems like she really doesn't like me, she'll pretend to be ok, at times I've heard her whispering but its been in and out because of the noise with all the children. Anyways I'm pretty sure she's been criticizing what I do at work to others out of ear shot, yet I do my job unlike the others that sit around and do nothing. She also had a party and invited some of our coworkers (I wasn't invited) and I only heard about it through others talking about it, one guy started working around the same time as me so... Also today I wore my hair naturally (curly), because I usually wear it in braids or blown out, she kept giving little nasty looks when I wasn't looking but I saw her out the corner of my eye. I started talking/joking with this cute guy that we work with and three kids, laughing, smiling, etc. and she just kept staring then, turned to another coworker and whispered something to her then looked at me and when I looked over she smiled. She's so thirsty, every time he works and goes into the other children's playroom she'll go in there and stay there until he leaves when she's hardly ever done it before.

I guess the best thing about this is when I do things that make me seem even more great just so she can't get angry (which means I'll be talking to Mr. cutie more often)
Updates:
*can*

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i would say to keep being yourself win the heart and sole of this guy it seems you really like and apparently like you. then when the two of yooou become enguaged. hold an enguagement party inviting all your coworkers and dont forget to flaunt the ring in her face a few times anyways.

0|0
    0|0
    • *in sarcastic voice* Oh yeah, sounds like a plan stan.

• you were deffinatly following my thought. i couldnt find the word sarcastic. to add at time of writing. best oof luch with the lucky guy. you certainly sound like an amazing lady

Most Helpful Girl

• There always has to be some Joke and Yoke to a Rotten Egg Here, dear, when Working with a Certain Someone, hun. Or even Someone's.
    The Best form the Rest thing you can do is just go about your Own no Monkey Business, and let her Continue Getting on her Attention Getter Hoe Deal which she Wants everyone to think is a Big Ordeal.
    Be Civil, but Ignore her. After awhile, she will just Consider you Part of the Wood Work.
    Good Luck. xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• just keep being you and doing what you do. try to ignore her.. her jealousy will fade (hopefully-for her sake, before she loses the cutie, or her job)

1|0
    0|0
  • one option is that u can talk with her and solve the mystery behind the problem, she might have some issue/misunderstanding with u that u even know. So clearing it and making her a good friend is a best way, coz she is ur coworker and u will need her for some help.

or u could make urself comfortable and do ur job without caring what she is thinking about u. just ignore her presence and so ur job. Getting her in ur mind is a bad thing and might decrease ur mental working capacity. so u should be aware of that u didn't give much attention to her than ur job. So ur job neatly and make her jealous!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Become friends with her and the problem is solved. It's a political move for good.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes