Who out there can Lucid Dream?

How do you do it?

Is it Scary?

Should I do it?

Will I sleep better?

Can I always control whether or not I do it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "1. How do you do it?"

Well, if you go online, I am sure there will be some tips to go about this, but if you ask my personal opinion then I would say that there is no real way of doing it as such, what I would say is you need to imagine something like flying before going to sleep and then that thoughts will turn into your dreams, I think it will only come if you do this regularly.

2. "Is it Scary?"

Yes, it can be but that really depends on your thoughts, it depends on what you see in your real life, the movies you watch and so on.

3."Should I do it?"

There is no harm in it. After all it's just a dream so you can try it.

4. "Will I sleep better?"

Again that would depend on your dreams, but I don't think lucid dreams interferes with your sleep as such, it's very unlikely. Even if your lucid dreams are not that good, you still sleep well.

At least that's what I can say from my experience. Many days I have had good lucid dreams and many days bad ones but not a single day it has caused any problem in my sleep pattern.

It works for me so I am sure it will work for you too.

I can tell you one thing that will surely help you sleep better and also have good dreams. Try and imagine " Sun" and just imagine that you are flying towards the sun and reaching the sun or whatever you think of regarding this. Do this when you are awake, try and have thoughts about sun and flight, once you keep doing this for a few days, these thoughts will start taking the form of your dreams and so after a while you will actually dream about flying towards the sun like superman.

Having lucid dreams related to " SUN" will definitely help you sleep better. Why? that's because " Sun" is a sign of success and positiveness so any lucid dreams related to sun will surely help you sleep better and will also help you achieve success in real life as well.

5. "Can I always control whether or not I do it?"

Well, initially it will be tough but with practise you can start controlling it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been able to do it since i was a kid. it is only scary when the dream gets too real (like when you think you are awake but then you wake up; very confusing). It helps to stave off nightmares but takes practice and you shouldn't control your dreams all the time. when i had a lucid nightmare i actually felt pain enough that i woke up. but it just takes practice and self control, like anything else in life. now that im better at it my dreams are like movies i get to participate in. its fun! and i only tweak the dream every now and then to either continue down the good path or keep away frim the scary stuff. just remember you can always wake up

1|0
    0|0
    • What's my possibility of sleep paralysis? Like I'm scared I won't be able to physically stop Lucid dreaming after doing it once - I'm also scared it's gonna be really scary or something and I won't know how to wake up.

• Show All
    • Wow thanks so much!

• sure thing haha

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Some doctors and 'therapists' say it isn't 'healthy' as you need to release conscious control, and let your subconscious dream freely.
    I never tried, or focused on it, but I can read things, see clocks, and know the time, and recognize specific faces, rather than just know 'who' it is, but unable to clearly see their face.
    I never felt any ill-effects, and sometimes when dreams go to the 'dark side' I can 'realize' and turn the direction from the 'NIGHTMARE' to something else.
    Being able to KNOW 'Nightmares' and being able to change that direction does help me sleep better. How is that bad?

1|0
    0|0
  • I've heard about this , sounds scary as fuck i can't but really dont want to have outer body experience with acid thats far enough for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Sleep paralysis is scary. Lucid isn't or not that bad

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish i could

0|0
    0|0
  • so you are questioning your existence now. well that is a good start to have a lucid dream

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I can, it's something I've been able to do since I was a child.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't do it often. But I have maybe 4 times. It's not really easy to just decide to do it. What's helped for me is to think about lucid dreaming a lot, write whatever dreams you have in a journal, etc.
    It's not scary, but it's thrilling. If you have the possibility to do it, you should! It's not something you can really control though. I don't think your sleep will be affected.
    When you do lucid dream, you sort of "snap" into awareness, so you realize you are in a dream. The first time I dreamt lucidly, for example, I had walked all thee way to Boston in a day which I knew was impossible. That's when I realized it was not real. I realized I could decide what to do. There was pressure on me to decide something to do before it was too late. I wanted to fly, but I couldn't. Lol. So I decided to bring Harry Potter into existence.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have it, i realize that i am dreaming n control it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I do! But I dunno how! N it's not scary so u can do it if u want... It never affects my sleep.. n ya u can control somehow

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. I just remember it, no, u can't force it, probably, u control what happens in it as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Look up how to do it.
    it can be pretty scary
    You probably shouldn't do it cause it can get weird.
    No you will sleep worse
    Usually you can yes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes