Do you like Spanish? Spanish from Spain or South America?

They share same language but accents, pronunciations and local terms can vary enormously among countries

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm currently learning Spanish. I'm confused which one to choose because I don't even know the difference. If you're an español speaker, can please help me?

• The only thing that will significantly differ is the vocabulary. Just learn a few different words for each noun and a few different verbs that mean the same thing and we may have a wrong guess at first but we'll easily figure out what you mean. It's just like with English vocabulary. And if I were you, I'd consider where I live. If you live in the U. S., you should probably learn Mexican Spanish. If you live somewhere like Brazil then Colombian. And obviously for Europe... Spanish lol

• Yeah the accents are quite different, but it's just like you with your accent talking to a British person... still understandable.

• omg. And all this time, I've been mixing both Mexican and Spanish in my lessons thinking that they don't differ much lol. Thank you so much for letting me know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah... You're so right. I'm Puerto Rican and I have a friend who is half Mexican. Our words differ quite a bit, like with the word "cake": In PR we use "pastel" but also "bizcocho". Say "bizcocho" to her and it means something dirty in Mexico lol