Memories in Children -- What do you want your child to remember?

How, if you could choose.. should they remember you?
Are your child any different, than you were as a child?

Memories in Children -- What do you want your child to remember?
Do you raise your child differently, than you were raised?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Love yourself that's what I would tell my child. Growing up I was so busy giving out so much of what I didn't have deep down inside then ended up draining myself in the long run. If you cannot love yourself then you are incapable of showing love to anyone else. We cannot portray what we don't have. For instance , money and that's a big factor in the world we're in today everyone wants to look rich and show off what they hadn't work for and that being someone else's money. We cannot mimic love for it cannot be duplicated. When you work hard within loving yourself it pays off because it becomes easier to love others and forgive.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, I would raise my child differently than how I was raised. Of course, I want them to feel more loved and loved more every seconds of their life. I want them to experience to enjoy life as a baby, kid, preteen, teenager, etc. But I won't be always there for them as they get older. Because they choose their ways and decide what to do. As long as I raise my child with dignity, loyalty, honesty, kindness, and love then I am satisfied with the job I done when I see my child is kind to others.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've always had this memory of my dad watching me at a swimming gala. I'd thought he was at work so it was a huge, nice shock to see him watching. I'd like to be there for my kids like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I want them to remember their family (including foster parents if anything happens) I also want them to remember the peace and happiness they can bring not the pain of seeing others in pain, I want them to remember to not always carry all the pain of others and let others help them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I don't have kids.
    Growing up I was pretty much flat out ignored and neglected really badly. But if I did have children id make them feel important and give them the confidence they would need earlier than I could have had. I like them to always rember me by me telling them its always possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would want my children to remember how much I love them and how much I cared for them, remember who to always look up to, you

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't have kids but I would them to remember all the good memories we had together and not feelings guilty over the fight we might have

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have kids but if I ever did (someday), I would want them to have all the things I never had growing up. I would want them to have stability (financial and emotional). I would want them to have a good education and sense of self. I would want them to have compassion and empathy towards other people. I would want them to know it's ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. And that *true* love is unconditional.
    ( I learned all these things on my own later in life, but if you teach and instill these things early in kids I believe it's very beneficial and helpful.)

0|1
    0|0
  • i want them to remember me as loving them unconditionally.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I have a child, Mommy loves you :) And you are worth all of the good things in the world...<3

0|1
    0|0
  • Good memories

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• i want my future child to remember how many sacrifices i made for them to keep them happy. and how much i worked hard to earn money so i can make their wishes come true. and i want my child to remember that its always ok to fail, again and again, but its more important to get back up and try again. and also i want my child to remember, that no matter how life seems hard to you, there's something you can always succeed in life. and also to help people, especially homeless and poor people. and also never care what anyone else thinks of you. and when you find yourself in a worst loop of situation, just keep going on, it is ok to fall down and stay there for a while if you are too much tired, but its more important to get back up again and keep going, if you can't run, then walk, can't walk, then crawl, but no matter what happens, keep going on, and slow progress is always better than no progress, also when you wake up everyday, say this to yourself "NO MATTER HOW BAD IT IS. OR HOW BAD IT GETS, IM GONNA MAKE IT".

1|1
    0|0
  • I remember my dad tossing me off the dock at the lake, he was trying to teach me to swim. I remember thrashing about slowly drowning and my father just roaring with laughter, he started throwing nerf footballs at me saying "come on ya pussy, swim damnit!" And I did, I'm a great swimmer now!!!

0|2
    0|0
  • I have toe jobs as a dad.
    1. Give my kids good strong roots.
    2. Give my kids good strong wings.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think my parents raised me very well, and when I have one I will probably constantly ask my mom for advice when I have trouble.

1|1
    0|0
  • he should remember the way we spend our life plating playing and taking adventure all over the world

0|1
    0|0
  • I hope they remember more than I did.. rough upbringing blocked a ton of my childhood out..

0|1
    0|0
  • I did hit a boy with my waterbottle in preschool.

0|1
    0|0
  • Magic and wonder :)

0|1
    0|0
  • When I have kids, I want them to remember that I spent time with them, hugged them, valued their honesty with me, even when they got in trouble, and that I followed through with promises.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes