Is it even normal for a girl to get emotional and threatened suicide after a break-up?

I got off the phone yesterday night with my girlfriend and broke it off. She kept saying she'll do anything for me and not to leave her, even if that meant giving up her own life. Then she repeat it again and said ''yes you hear me, I'll give my life for you''.

I broke up because she kept acting jealous, showing up at my workplace several times and crying for practically anything... to the point it's not even normal for the average woman (she even cried when someone accidentally brushed past her at a restaurant).
Updates:
She even cried on our very first date. All of the sudden she started telling me about her grandmother's death, which happened more than a decade ago. I comforted her in the beginner but after a while her behaviors started freaking me out.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• oh, women get emotional and might neglect themselves after a break-up. . but threating you with suicide shows lack of self-respect and self-preservation, too.
    it is definitely not normal to be that sensitive, I would recommend her getting help. it may be she went through some issues while growing up or she is just very spoilt. or has some other problem.
    personally id say its good you broke up with her. she was bad for you for obvious reason you have mention above, and you were bad for her as you triggered this behaviour in her. not your fault, as she seems too emotionaly unstable to be in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah, that one the most stressful relationship ever...
      my parents never liked her

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, that's not normal. She's being manipulative or she needs help.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• That's definitely not normal. that's manipulative asf. if anyone threatens suicide to force you to do anything that's manipulation and you should cut off all contact with them. you're not obligated to take care of anyone's problems. suggest she get help for her mental health issues but then avoid.

0|0
    0|0
    • When I broke it off, I felt so relieved and my parents never liked her either. I wanted out for a while back but thought her emotions and mood swings would eventually cool down so I was a bit patient till I had enough.
      Honestly, no girl (or guy) should even think about killing themselves for anyone. I hope she doesn't follow through.

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't say any of that is normal.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, whenever she had those crying episodes... she would go on crying for more than an hr. The longest she went crying over something stupid was for nearly 4 years.

• You're yanking my chain dude. Stop yanking my chain.

• She sounds a little crazy in my honest opinion...

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I'm kind of concern she might do something stupid. I hope not.

Recommended myTakes