Is it even normal for a girl to get emotional and threatened suicide after a break-up?

I got off the phone yesterday night with my girlfriend and broke it off. She kept saying she'll do anything for me and not to leave her, even if that meant giving up her own life. Then she repeat it again and said ''yes you hear me, I'll give my life for you''.

I broke up because she kept acting jealous, showing up at my workplace several times and crying for practically anything... to the point it's not even normal for the average woman (she even cried when someone accidentally brushed past her at a restaurant).
She even cried on our very first date. All of the sudden she started telling me about her grandmother's death, which happened more than a decade ago. I comforted her in the beginner but after a while her behaviors started freaking me out.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• oh, women get emotional and might neglect themselves after a break-up. . but threating you with suicide shows lack of self-respect and self-preservation, too.
    it is definitely not normal to be that sensitive, I would recommend her getting help. it may be she went through some issues while growing up or she is just very spoilt. or has some other problem.
    personally id say its good you broke up with her. she was bad for you for obvious reason you have mention above, and you were bad for her as you triggered this behaviour in her. not your fault, as she seems too emotionaly unstable to be in a relationship

• yeah, that one the most stressful relationship ever...
      my parents never liked her

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, that's not normal. She's being manipulative or she needs help.