How do you toughen up your heart?

What do you do to make yourself strong mentally.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Fail more. Don't be afraid to fail because it is necessary for development. If you fail just learn from it and try something else.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• life will beat you up enough to turn your heart into leather. no point doing it yourself.

1|0
    0|0
    • I disagree, there's a point in doing it yourself. This sort of thought is too negative, only makes you pessimistic.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• When bad things happen to you, when people screw you over and break your heart, firstly you have to be able to forgive them. You need to think about your situation without hating them, trying to understand them. It hurts to do it but you have to deal with it by acknowledging the pain for what it is.

And just like building callus on your hands, you will make your heart stronger and you will become a much better person for a lot of reasons.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me failure and exposure to retards. I've failed at a lot of things but eventually always bounced back.

As for the exposure to retards I'm a perfect combination of (in the eyes of many) undesirable backgrounds, All the shit those idiots were saying to me eventually made me ignore whatever people said to me. It also made me believe more in myself, know who I am and what I can do. It did come with disadvantages, it's much harder for me to trust people.

1|0
    0|0
  • you can only be strong if you´re wulnerable. if you´re not vulnerable, then you can´t be strong. you´re just indifferent. so in that weird way, being weak is needed to be tough. but also you wanna keep that weakness too, cause that´s what people will like in you.

1|0
    0|0
  • stop asking yourself questions and start asking other people, with time you'll be harder than a brick wall

1|0
    0|0
  • Be aware of how little you are. You are just one in a few billions and if you have the best or the worst possible life in a whole, the world won't even notice. With this in mind there is no mental pain for me. This won't be good for everyone, because you can also fall into the trap of thinking about why you even exist and the reason behind life etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • evolve from what stubbed it (seems theirs a story behind this)

1|0
    0|0
  • Just remember that in the long run we are all dead. Life's too short to care about every little thing. Find the thing/people that you love and stick by them. They can suport you and strengthen you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Overcoming my fears and challenges. Also, I try to challenge myself and do things outside of my comfort zone at times.

1|0
    0|0
    • I tell myself I can do this or if a man has done this, then certainly I can as well.

• With every mistake, grow. Such is the gift of humanity.

To shield itself from pain.. the heart must first understand pain. 😅

1|0
    0|0
  • Try new things, don't be afraid to fall, make mistakes, learn what you did wrong, grow yourself strong, then try new things again and the cycle repeats..

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the context, but the best bet is to have enough confidence in yourself to come out ahead of everything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Breakup? it gives the most powerful energy.. U don't need to Keep it in , let it flow !

1|0
    0|0
  • self fladjulation it works for the religious cults

1|0
    0|0
  • Lie to yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Lower your cholesterol intake and go jogging

1|0
    0|0
  • Aerobic exercise

1|0
    0|0
  • Build self confidence up stronger

1|0
    0|0
  • experience only unfortunately

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Do you know what your beliefs are?
    Do you know when to say no because it will protect you from further deceit, dishonesty and disappointments?
    Know your worth and treat your self with kindness.
    Stay away from toxic people or people who don't make sense to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of it is about how you are raised and natural disposition, some people fall in love and are heart broken in a few months.,... others guard their hearts... it's complicated.

1|0
    0|0
  • TRAUMA. The biggest event that has had a steeling effect on my heart, is trauma.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes