Has your first impression ever been right or changed about someone?

I was reading somewhere that first impressions are kind of hard to forget.

817

Most Helpful Guy

• First impressions do matter, but it's also important not to bracket somebody into a certain category, and then be unable or unwilling to alter that opinion.

• That's a very good point. A lot of young people do that.

• I wouldn't say it's exclusively young people, to be fair.

It's probably more prevalent amongst them, as you say, but a lot of people seem to struggle to change initial opinions. It's probably human nature, to some extent?

• It is human nature, but I do think as knowledge increases with age, so does open mindedness.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be afraid of one of my cousins. She wore so much makeup and had such long fingernails, as a little child, it reminded me of a witch. However, now I think of her as a ray of sunshine that lights up the entire building when she walks into a room.