Why would you use a picture of someone else to represent you?

Why would you post a picture of someone else on GaG or other social media to represent you, if you weren't purposefully trying to fool someone into thinking that that was you? Even though people know it's the internet and profile pics are often fake, it still lures people into thinking that the image you put out, is actually you even if it isn't.

On GaG specifically, you have the option of going Anon, having the GaG issued image, or just posting a pic of an object. This leads me to believe here especially, people do it to fool others, catfish, lie about themselves, etc. I can see no other reason really with any validity to it, but if you know one...

24

Most Helpful Guy

• simply , I ask you a question why you post this in anonymous.. why you did post the question in public. why you are hiding?

basically , I depends they are not willing to show themselves. if you like you can.

Most Helpful Girl

• Insecurity about their own looks, wanting to portray a false identity or lead someone specific on