Is age really just a number?

I've noticed that on this app, I'll give an opinion and it's obviously not the response the person wanted so they use my age to invalidate my opinion πŸ˜‚. In my personal opinion, age is simply the amount of years you've been alive. Age doesn't define what you've experienced, your struggles, your heartache, nor your knowledge. But what are your opinions on this?

329

Most Helpful Guy

• Age is usually something that goes with experience. Since you have a lot more chances to experience different things, and you gain more tools to gain more experiences as you age, usually. However, maturity, for one, is not necessarily determined by age. I would say that about experience as well. It's more about your environment, your upbringing, and your openness to new understandings.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, yes and no. Anyone of any age can have valid opinions on a variety of subjects. However, life experience does shape your views, so being younger CAN potentially mean being less informed, though not always. Being older can also mean being out of touch, but once again, not always. Some people gain wisdom as they get older; others become closed-minded and stop learning. I find it's usually best just to hear people out and judge based on the merits of their arguments.