Would you prefer to have an import car or an American muscle car?

• Import
    Vote A
  • American Muscle
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather have a motorcycle. They're way faster and more fun than ANY car. :)

To answer this question, go drive a Mustang GT and a BMW 435i. I think that will answer your question.

Oh, and if'n you don't have fifty grand to spend on a car, do drive the Mazda3 - the GT one with the bigger motor. It is THE top pick out of more than forty compact cars. Check out Car and Driver's reports on them.

Wife had a 325Cic 'vert, then a C250 coupe. We were going to order a new 235i convertible but with a reasonable option package it was well over fifty thou. We got a Mazda3 GT hatch for about $26K. Drives just like a bimmer, and comes with heated leather seats, nav, b-u camera, roof, all the whistles and bells.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• American muscle just because I like big, fast, obnoxiously loud motors, cammed out with a badass exhaust. But I do also enjoy the simplicity of modding imports too.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• American all the way, no replacement for displacement.
    No import will ever match this cool factor -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cMAsnb_69U

0|0
    0|0
  • Inports are awesome. High pitch whistle

But you really don't feel it like you do when you press the pedal on an engine that rips and roars like a muscle car

1|0
    0|0
  • I love my country and all but I'm nowhere near as excited about American muscle as I am about . . . pretty much every other type of vehicle on 3 or more wheels.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had to choose an import I'd say Aston Martin or Bentley (very classy cars) if i had to choose American muscle car i'd go for the Chevrolet Camaro SS of 69 or 67, the Dodge Challenger of the same year or the mythical Shelby Mustang Gt500 (or maybe just an Impala)

0|0
    0|0
  • My car is nice but certainly not "high performance." The reality is that there is so much traffic in California that there's almost nowhere to use crazy amounts of performance. On the other hand, my import is extremely reliable, gets good mileage, has high resale value, and is very comfortable. Performance is quite good but, again, not even remotely mind-blowing - and that's fine with me.

The people that I know with American muscle cars have all spent countless thousands of dollars on repair costs - sometimes fixing the same problem 3 and 4 times, and most aren't driven hard. Those cars simply aren't made as well, and that's reflected in their low resale value. An 8-year-old American car with 100,000 miles on it and in relatively good shape is worth less than 10% of its purchase price, typically. An import is worth 40% of its purchase price. There's a reason for that, and the reason is reliability (and maintenance/repair costs).

0|0
    0|0
  • This is my dream car: Audi R8
    i.ytimg.com/vi/JsSopYW6Vag/maxresdefault.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • Muscle definitely, Mustangs are pretty rare in the UK even now re launched here with right hand drive

0|0
    0|0
    • I have a 69 stang in my backyard. incredibly common in the states.

• i'd rip yer arm off for that... they have as I say been re launched here and so a lot cheaper than a BMW or audi for same performance.. but still not at all common

• I'd go for bikes anyday

0|2
    0|0
  • I would die, but never buy an American car.

0|1
    1|1
  • I prefer no car

0|0
    1|0
  • Will you be with?

0|0
    0|0
  • American

0|0
    0|0
  • g wagon

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I just want something sturdy, reliable, and not too expensive.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes