Cop knocks out student's tooth, video included-what went wrong?

****The first video is there because it is quicker to see (but I highly recommend you watch the 5 minute video first)****

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/05/03/3336703354601846673/640x360_MP4_3336703354601846673.mp4
this is a more complete video from the moment the student is brought into the office until he is dragged away
Office Steve Shaulis lifted Ahmad Williams out of his chair at Woodland Hills High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on March 3, 2015
He choked him with his arm then threw him to the ground to be tasered
Principal Kevin Murray helped hold the teenager down as he was arrested
Shaulis is already being investigated for allegedly punching another student last month
Queshawn Wade, 14, claims the cop called him a 'f*****' then hit him in the face
Murray was suspended in 2016 after being recorded threatening a student he would 'knock his teeth out'
The schoolboard resinstated him in January, claiming he deserved a second chance like students
Ahmad was later charged with disorderly conduct.
I got this information from daily mail because they had the most complete video.

This is the type of man the principal is.
"In November 2016, a student was verbally attacked for charging his cellphone on school property after hours.

“I’m going to (expletive) punch you in the face. Man-to-man, bro. I don’t care if you are (expletive) 14-years-old or not. I will punch you in your face, and when we go down to court, it’s your word against mine, and mine wins every time,” Murray said in an audio recording of the incident."

628

Most Helpful Guy

• I need more information. As is it certainly seems as thought the officer/ security guard (whatever) overstepped his bounds and should be prosecuted.

I do need to know what happened prior to this though. I know if someone took a snapshot of us and the security guards dealing with a patient it could look bad. But for the safety of ourselves and others we will have to take certain measures. For example we tend to have 8 people to subdue a patient and have at least a person per limb. There was one patient who we took lightly because she was small. As a result she charged the security guard, he raised his hands to keep her distance, and broke her orbital socket. She had to have surgery.

He should have had another officer there and never have put his arms around the kids neck. But I don't know the whole story.

• Thank you for your reply, did you watch the 5 minute video? (it is a link, not the one with the display)

• The school is so corrupt, he needs to be fired. He's promoting violence and threatening students.

• Oh yeah

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks like excessive force, might depend on what the student said, since there's no audio, but there's very few things he could say that could justify such treatment. Perhaps "I have a weapon on me."
    Principal is innocent in this scenario I think. He just walked in on the cop taking down the student. He just assumed the student did something to justify the cop taking him down and wanted to help the cop, which I think would normally be a sound judgement in most scenarios really. I doubt he knew it was the cop suddenly taking down the kid unfairly.