Ways to calm nerves and anxiety down before you give a talk or get up in front of people?

Ways to calm nerves and anxiety down before you give a talk or get up in front of people?

3|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I tell myself there is no point in being nervous. You won't be able to influence the outcome by being anxious. There is nothing more you can add to yourself than you have in that moment. Anxiety and nerves come from tryig to do better than you can right now, which is good while you are practicing but when you are about to present something in front of it's not the time to try to improve, it's the time to show where you are right now ;) Also learn to find some forgiveness within you when you fvck up and come from a loving place towards yourself when you look for points you want to improve for yourself. Loving as in empowering though, not sluggish ;) Long answer, I know. But I hope it helps a little.

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just 'talk' to one person out of the audience, but look all around.
    Have a list of bulletpoint topics you're going to talk about. So you're comfortable with your message.
    Do a trial run with your peers or family. Yourself failing that.
    Some people have a shot of whiskey.

We had a saying for sales people..."if you're gonna drink your lunch drink whiskey, not vodka, so your customers think you're drunk and not stupid."

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Remember that everyone is on your side. They want you to do a good job and not mess up.
    Something that always helped me tremendously but is kinda weird is pretending that this is all a game or just not real in general. That put me in the mindset that I can do whatever I want and act however I want and I would go from being the quiet kid to a really charismatic presenter lol

0|1
    0|0
  • i am that kind of person. and I always repeat in my mind what I want to talk about in order to make me having less nervous.

I also keep telling in my mind that there is nothing wrong with this. I am the owner of the 'stage', and I am there to give information.

0|1
    0|0
  • Listen to music, have a playlist that will pump you up. Try not to think about it and just have confidence in yourself. No matter how badly you think it'll go, it's what you do that'll matter.

0|1
    0|0
  • tell yourself that even if no one claps for you, you are still an awesome person. Also stand like one and practice doing some deep breathing, and tell yourself that you just need one step at a time and you'll be done soon. good luck

0|1
    0|0
  • Review what you will say so it comes easily, practice in front of a friend or record it.
    Understand that you got this and it will be over soon :)

0|2
    0|0
  • Pace the floor and hype myself up. Then walk out there and own that shit!

1|1
    0|0
  • think about eating the big ice cream scoop you'll treat yourself to after for doing such a spectacular job !!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate public speaking, but something that helps me get through is to just stick with what I'm saying. Sound very interested in your subject

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no problem talking in front of people, so I dunno. I just get up & do it. xD

0|1
    0|0
  • Resistance is futile, accept your fate

0|3
    0|0
  • Medicine

0|3
    0|0
  • meditate

0|1
    0|0
  • i always opt out

0|1
    0|0
  • long sex session with boyfriend

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• I just get up there and do it. There is no point in being nervous. Just do it and get it done. Worry about what will and might happen latter.

0|1
    0|0
  • Memorize everything. When I did my presentations in college I would just memorize everything's (even my movements.)
    That was the best help to me because I could basically just turn on auto pilot.

0|1
    0|0
  • The more you do it, the easier it gets. Take every opportunity to do it in small groups. It builds confidence.

0|2
    0|0
  • Take pre workout or rescue tablets they'll make you so confident I did it with one oral and I got an outstanding performance

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never been bothered by crowds or what people think of me. Just go with the flow, don't even think of it as a crowd.

0|1
    0|0
  • I recommend deep breathing exercises that usually helps me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Punching yourself really hard in the balls will focus your mind on the pain rather than the crowd.

0|1
    0|0
  • this is what we all need to do W o l watch observe listen

0|1
    0|0
  • Just tell yourself that you don't give a fuck.

0|2
    0|0
  • Imagine that you're naked and it's really cold

0|2
    0|0
  • chew gum before

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes