Ways to calm nerves and anxiety down before you give a talk or get up in front of people?

1512

Most Helpful Girl

• I tell myself there is no point in being nervous. You won't be able to influence the outcome by being anxious. There is nothing more you can add to yourself than you have in that moment. Anxiety and nerves come from tryig to do better than you can right now, which is good while you are practicing but when you are about to present something in front of it's not the time to try to improve, it's the time to show where you are right now ;) Also learn to find some forgiveness within you when you fvck up and come from a loving place towards yourself when you look for points you want to improve for yourself. Loving as in empowering though, not sluggish ;) Long answer, I know. But I hope it helps a little.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just 'talk' to one person out of the audience, but look all around.
    Have a list of bulletpoint topics you're going to talk about. So you're comfortable with your message.
    Do a trial run with your peers or family. Yourself failing that.
    Some people have a shot of whiskey.

We had a saying for sales people..."if you're gonna drink your lunch drink whiskey, not vodka, so your customers think you're drunk and not stupid."