Why is a woman supposed to regret enjoying sex when she's single?

If she were to tell a date her past, then it almost always has to come with some ''sob'' story about how she regrets it, was at the lowest in her life, is a better person now, blah, blah, blah.

How about a girl with a great family that says ''yes I had sex with a couple attractive guys because I was single, didn't feel like being in a relationship at that moment and enjoyed it, no regrets whatsoever''. That's also a story too. She just felt like it.

Then out of the couple guys that can work on that, I've noticed some tend to want to continue the relationship if it's one of those sob stories and she expresses regret than the girl that's carefree when she's single.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it makes it look like the girl enjoys no strings attached sex a lot. Which isn't what guys are looking for when they want a relationship.
    They want girls that wouldn't cheat on them and while correlation =/= causation, there's strong evidence that girls that have a lot of sex before getting involved , will cheat again or break the relationship when they get bored.

A sob story makes it look like she didn't really want it, and did it for more than sex (for love , for his attention, etc)
    Smart guys like me know that its usually just a coverup, and between the two id actually prefer the girl who was honest

0|0
    0|0
    • What about if that same girl that enjoys sex when she's single is also committed when she's in a relationship? I know several girls like that, my best friend is like that. She never cheated on a boyfriend but got cheated on by an ex boyfriend.

• If nothing bad happen in her life, does she still have to invent a sob story to get accepted into a relationship?

• Not every guy has a problem with ot. But some do.
      For me personally, id rather want her to be honest, than make up a sob story.
      But it depends on the guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Ladies have fun with your bodies but be careful! Everyone should be careful :)

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• @ShortCircuit

Originally I had reservations about about picking on a kid but that last comment was the single cringiest thing I've ever read man.

Do you need me to describe what an actual vagina feels like, cuz you're Weeb ass probably won't ever experience the real thing with that sexist attitude.

0|0
    0|0
    • Right, I'm the one that needs to grow up. Ha!

You know you've won an argument when your opponent resorts to petty insults (that i wish I could say were clever) rather than actually refuting my claims.

Looks like I struck a nerve. Why else would you lash out? My sincerest sympathy. Have fun picturing your girl being pile drived by men like me in the past every time she gives you a half-assed pity handjob.

• Show All
    • I actually had a bet going on how long it'll take for you to call me a cuck, you just made me five bucks thanks

• It's cute that you're still trying to be insulting, A for effort. Let's hope you're as generous with myriad of non slut pussy you're pulling

• Thats why i make sure i have sex with a women first before i go on an actual date or anything like that. If im not good enough for her to get the vag without commitment then I dont want to commit to her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well do what you want. Just dont complain about slut shaming.

0|0
    1|0
    • It's not mebut I know several girls like that. My best friend is that girl in the 2nd story that enjoys sex when she's single.

• Show All
    • Im afraid I did not call your comment bullying friend. I called slut shaming a form of bullying. Which it is. Read a little better before goin off, makes ya seem a little more intelligent.

• @Regneir If slut shaming is bullying then you can have fun being a total cuck in life. So much for intelligence. Goodbye.

• if you are grow up you will know to say the truth and he will know to accept what happened happened we need to see how to become one together in the future

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care if she regrets it or not. I don't date sluts.

0|1
    0|0
    • Weebs don't date

• Show All
    • @hvictor
      No problem pal. Cucks like you need all the money they can get because (sadly) they spend it all on whores that care nothing for them.

Again, my sincerest sympathies.

• @hvictor
      *One* non slut pussy is all I need, thanks. Having more would make me a slut too. I am no hypocrite.

And yes, I am very generous.

• if being promiscuous is your only red flag I don't know, but you can be a piece of shit and a virgin, so. I don't know.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally don't but if her number is 10 and she is 19 than I'm going to never see her again. All I really care about is trust. I don't care who you fucked before me. Really it comes down to, can this women tell a man off if I leave her in the club for 5 minutes. That's why it is important for men to see their women as a non slut. The option to cheat is so available to women now days. For Men it's a lot harder to do. Literally every chick I've met on Tinder has to search my name in the app to talk to me. That's how bombarded women are with sex. Men have like 10 matches at a time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I get where you are coming from but the reality of the situation is that a lot of men judge women on their sexual history. It would make sense for a woman to want to express remorse in her careless sex crazed years when seeking a commitment from a guy for those reasons.

A lot of women who sleep around do so out of insecurity. You have a lot of sexually repressed guys on here who want to marry virgin women so you're most likely not going to get the answer that is in agreement from a general perspective.

0|1
    0|0
  • Promiscuity tends to be frowned upon by many societies. Most societies have historically been more critical of women's promiscuity than of heterosexual men's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of this: time.com/.../

You literally inherit on the DNA of ex-lovers. Every child you have after having sex with a new man will inherit his genes and all the other ones previously. Promiscuity has a permanent genetic record now. This means your husband will be sharing his DNA with other men if you have children! The child will not be 100% the husband's kid!

0|0
    0|0
    • Please let this not be true...

• Show All
    • Fruit flies and humans are similar? I would understand if you named a damn mammal. Like any godam mammal but an insect? And than you come on here talking like it's a fact when the article says it hasn't been proven? Lmao.

• @robincooper Fruit flies have been used to test drugs on humans before. They also proved Mendelian genetics using fruit fly models. There's tremendous evidence that this pathway is real. Male DNA has been found in human female brain fluid. www.reddit.com/.../

• because our society is multicultural because of that hypocritical at times plenty of double standards

0|0
    0|0
  • because apparently wherever you live there's still a prevalent culture of slut shaming where femininity is still defined by chasteness

0|0
    0|0
    • That means she has to invent a sob story just to have a chance of getting accepted into a relationship even if she really has no story to tell?
      Interesting that not being true to yourself is the way to go...

• not in my experience. I think younger guys are more insecure and cling to those traditional gender norms because they have problems with their own masculine identity, and it'll get easier as you get older.

either way, don't start a relationship on a lie just to conform. if some guy is really upset by something like that, he's a douche, and it's frankly a red flag.

• i agree younger guys are more insecure but older men are less likely to commit. part of not carrying about the womens past is adopting a renters mentality where there is no burden of ownership.

• she shouldn't. she sould enjoy what she likes and don't bother listening to all the haters

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think she's meant to regret it, unless the actual quality of the sex was regrettable...

0|0
    0|0
  • it just sends the wrong messages and empowers the wrong people

0|0
    0|0
  • Both are equal in this !

0|0
    0|0
  • That's because she's exposing her 'bad' deeds. Men don't want promiscuous women especially ones that express it.
    I believe you should never proudly share bad deeds you've done.
    This is probably the reason American women aren't respected at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either way, in my opinion, if someone does hook ups, I would lose respect for them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Good question. I wonder why women haven't showed up to answer you. They are the biggest slut shamers, after all.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes