If a much smaller guy punches another guy - should the bigger one be allowed to punch back?

Following scenario. Let's assume we are in some open even and some guy (5'5, 130lbs) goes up to a guy who is 6'1 and 200 lbs and punches him.

Should the taller guy be able to punch back or refrain from doing so due to him having more mass and probably strength? Obviously within the means of self-defense.
  • The bigger guy should be allowed to punch back, despite having a clear strength-advantage
  • The bigger guy shouldn't be allowed to punch back, because he has a clear strength-advantage
  • Undecided
    Vote C
  • Other (Explain!)
    Vote D
  • Results
    Vote E
For those who say no: What's the alternative line of action, if NOT punching back?

815

Most Helpful Girl

• I know where this is going. Hehehe.
    Honestly if someone punches you... you should be allowed to punch them back.(size doesn't mater) . Hey, you got feelings too which the other person doesn't seem to care about.

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, so if the smaller guy punches the bigger guy, we can assume that not too much damage has been done, not because of size, but the fact that retaliation is a real option here and no injuries have been mentioned. I would also assume that the retaliation must be happening immediately following the first punch thrown by the smaller guy. For this question to be asked, there would be a real possibility of the bigger guy causing serious harm to the smaller fellow, and having said that, the bigger guy has a few options:
    1. Punching, but a quick jab (it will rock him if done correctly);
    2. Is a restraint an option? Wrist lock, neck restraint, etc?
    3. Going for a kick instead of a punch, but keep it low.
    4. Laugh and walk away, complaining about how bad the mosquitos are...
    All of the above may not be as effective as desired if alcohol is involved...