If a much smaller guy punches another guy - should the bigger one be allowed to punch back?

Following scenario. Let's assume we are in some open even and some guy (5'5, 130lbs) goes up to a guy who is 6'1 and 200 lbs and punches him.

Should the taller guy be able to punch back or refrain from doing so due to him having more mass and probably strength? Obviously within the means of self-defense.
  • The bigger guy should be allowed to punch back, despite having a clear strength-advantage
    Vote A
  • The bigger guy shouldn't be allowed to punch back, because he has a clear strength-advantage
    Vote B
  • Undecided
    Vote C
  • Other (Explain!)
    Vote D
  • Results
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
For those who say no: What's the alternative line of action, if NOT punching back?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I know where this is going. Hehehe.
    Honestly if someone punches you... you should be allowed to punch them back.(size doesn't mater) . Hey, you got feelings too which the other person doesn't seem to care about.

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, so if the smaller guy punches the bigger guy, we can assume that not too much damage has been done, not because of size, but the fact that retaliation is a real option here and no injuries have been mentioned. I would also assume that the retaliation must be happening immediately following the first punch thrown by the smaller guy. For this question to be asked, there would be a real possibility of the bigger guy causing serious harm to the smaller fellow, and having said that, the bigger guy has a few options:
    1. Punching, but a quick jab (it will rock him if done correctly);
    2. Is a restraint an option? Wrist lock, neck restraint, etc?
    3. Going for a kick instead of a punch, but keep it low.
    4. Laugh and walk away, complaining about how bad the mosquitos are...
    All of the above may not be as effective as desired if alcohol is involved...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Shouldn't hit back. I believe if u can physically stopped them from hitting u, like if they r small enough then u can't hit back. Him hitting that guy would b like hitting a women. He's too small. Just like if a bigger women (maybe 180 pounds) where to hit a man who wants only like 120 pounds she'd b n the wrong. You shouldn't hit anyone smaller than u that u could physically stop another what

0|0
    0|2
    • Just because they are small doesn't mean they are weak. If some one attacks you you need to stop them and the best way to ensure that is through any means necessary. If you hit them hard enough to go down they won't hit you again but if you hold back they will, this will actually make things worse in the long run not better.
      https://youtu.be/AE0A6InO67E

• You get punched, you punch back. Period.
    Whether or not other guy is skinny, is a girl, is a person of color, is a trans or what not.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah sure he shouldn't have punched him in the first place, he should get his ass handed to him. maybe he'll learn his lesson.

0|1
    0|0
  • defend self by whatever means necessary, no mire than that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes he can

0|0
    0|0
  • If you get punched you should be allowed to punch back. Unless the smaller one is really young and the big one is an adult or something.

0|0
    0|1
  • Being smaller doesn't mean he's weaker. I watched a much smaller guy kick 2 guys butts at the same time when I was a kid.

I do think if you don't feel like you are in a life or death situation (you are fearing for your life) you should always try to walk away though...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• I know what you're trying to do here lol I believe anyone that punches someone is giving the other person green light to punch them, whether they're smaller or not.

0|3
    0|0
  • depends on how serious the punch is, I'm a lot bigger than most of the guys in my grade and when they try to play punchies or something ik I could seriously hurt them so I don't punch back. but if it's a fighting punch then knock that n** out

0|0
    0|0
  • i am sorry but even if anybody makes an attempt to punch me and follows through with his attempt, i mostly dodge his/her punch and punch back. no mercy ✌

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone punches you, you have the god given right to punch back...

But sometimes its more badass not to punch back... like i know you dont stand a chance so i just walk away with a smile ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yea, even if it's a women. You hit a man expect to get hit like a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen short dudes absolutely wreck bigger, stronger, more muscular opponents.

0|0
    0|0
  • You throw the first punch, you get what you deserve.

0|0
    0|0
  • bitches start shit, bitches get hit

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, self defense

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course

0|0
    0|0
  • well obviously yes. if north korea launches a nuclear missile at the US, is the US allowed to launch one back? fuck yes they are.

0|1
    0|0
  • The bigger guy should Definitely punch back as hard as he can. Too many small guys act like jerks in my personal experience. You can't just let people go around treating others that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • if someone punches u, u punch them back

0|0
    0|0
  • The bigger guy should be allowed to kill him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes