For those of you who live with roommates what's it like?

Any advice when it comes to looking for a roommate?
Updates:
Oh and what are your thoughts on roommates who have pets?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had several roommates (I currently live alone) and it's not that bad... it really depends on where the roommates are from, and their personality. I had an American who barely ever came out of his room, only saw him like 5 times in a year. Then another American who was in the army and was kinda dumb lol but the mofo ate my food sometimes -_- Then other Americans that were pretty cool, no issues with them.
    Then I had 2 Chinese, and they were very polite, but they were kinda dirty. They spent hours in the kitchen, and never cleaned it, and when in their room, they were pretty loud.
    There was a Georgian who was nice, but a little bit awkward.
    An Arab who was also pretty cool, but one time I went to the kitchen and saw him on the floor eating from the pot with his hands. Was a bit shocked about that, but it's his culture, so it's no biggie lol

I didn't have much issues with them, the only thing was one eating my food, some being dirty, some using the kitchen for too long, making me wait hours to be able to eat, and sometimes some making too much noise. No fights or anything like that.

Pets weren't allowed, and thank goodness, because I think that would be a pain in the ass.

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean I'm not super prissy where I need rules for everything... I'm just scared of having people walk over me... I feel like I'm too nice. I also don't think I'd like having girl roommates; It seems like too much drama. How'd you find your roommates? why would a dog be a pain in the ass?

• With roommates you can't be soft, because then they will walk over you, you gotta set some rules and boundaries. You don't wanna end up being the one cleaning your roommate's messes all the time.
      I only had male roommates, so I don't know how girls are as roommates, but guys weren't too bad.
      The housing I was assigned the roommates themselves. They made us fill out some paperwork, asking what type of person we are to sort of assign roommates that are similar to you, but I think they just assigned them randomly cause every dude was completely different xD
      I've never had a pet, so I don't really know how to take care of one, plus, I fear I may get asked to take care of the dog if they go out or something. And if the dog poops on the floor for example and the owner isn't there, I'll have to be the one picking that shit up.

• lol well I guess I could do that and my dog is potty trained so no accidents. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• someone with basic hygiene n no mood swings

my college dorm roommate had crazy mood swings because her rocky relationship n other reasons

it was hard tolerating that.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm worried about that

• Show All
    • ohhh well that's one good thing

• my grades went all time low... that never happened in my life

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• i've learned its not always the best idea to have your friends as roommates cuz they will eventually get on your nerves. pick people you can be cordial with and they'll be a good roommate but you guys each do your own thing for the most part.

3|0
    0|0
  • depends on the person. it's either amazing or awful, pretty much no in between.

dealing with bad housemates can be a horror story. be firm if you can. "No, I did the dishes last time. Now you do them." that sort of thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Based on my 0 experience I would say you should look for someone of your same sex, ideology or religous believes, with similar values and.. That's it.. I forgot, similar income (you don't want to end up paying more than you should, 50/50 would be..9_9, fair? Fear, bueno correcto.

1|0
    0|0
  • When looking for roommates, Craigslist is your best friend.

1|0
    0|1
  • Someone you can sleep naked with and not feel empathy for

1|0
    0|0
  • biggest thing is co orporative, polite, understanding.

1|0
    0|0
  • great experience with roommate. have much fun, someone for support. I have roommate with dog we love him. i love his dog friendly, pass alone timw with it someone who listen to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good if the roommate is clean and keeps the toilet clean.

2|0
    0|0
  • it's something can't be explained
    you will have to live to enjoy it

1|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't do it. I crank all my stuff the the max!

1|0
    0|0
  • fuck that unless ur broke

1|1
    0|0
  • Make sure they're not a serial killer

1|0
    0|0
  • I rather pay double to get my own room.

1|0
    0|0
  • my college dorm roommate is just awful!! smh

1|0
    0|0
  • It's easy.

1|0
    0|0
  • dont use my deo

1|0
    0|0
  • it's pretty awesome

1|0
    0|0
  • love hate

1|0
    0|0
  • My roommate is my elder bro so it's fine 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Gotta get the perfect roommate like me lmao.
    Extremely clean, can cook, is nice and will go out of my way if you want something of me.

Only favour, help get me to bed after I come home after a fight and I'm covered in blood.

Shit goes down but maybe it's my area.

1|0
    0|0
  • Make sure they're hot otherwise you'll regret making out with them after a night of drinking.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It can be a challenge to live with someone else for sure. I would advise you to not live with a friend because it can really put a strain on your friendship. Make sure to get on the same page before you move in - are guests welcome? how often? chores/grocery responsibilities.

My roommate has a dog and I hate him. I'm a dog lover and I hate this dog which has put a huge strain on our friendship as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriends best friend from elementary school an her two kids live with us. I love it lmfao find someone you can get along with if not it can get ugly. Set ground rules before hand

1|0
    0|0
    • wow! that's cool hmmm see I'm just super iffy about having a roommate/friend

• Show All
    • I live in the ghetto of California. From Oc though so I know what you mean. Good luck whichever you choose to do (:

• It's nice. Some roommates are hardly around, and that's nothing to complain about.
    Some are around too much, oh my god :) I like my roommates, but one was alwayyyyys around on the weekends and all I wanted to do was have loud sex with my long distance relationship. (in the past I could schedule him to come over when they'd be gone, it was nice)
    Roommates are nice though, they are company and wacky stuff happens so you can look back and laugh aboutit down the road

1|0
    0|0
  • Gay guys. Clean, less drama than girls, and won't hit on you. :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes