For those of you who live with roommates what's it like?

Any advice when it comes to looking for a roommate?
Oh and what are your thoughts on roommates who have pets?

522

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had several roommates (I currently live alone) and it's not that bad... it really depends on where the roommates are from, and their personality. I had an American who barely ever came out of his room, only saw him like 5 times in a year. Then another American who was in the army and was kinda dumb lol but the mofo ate my food sometimes -_- Then other Americans that were pretty cool, no issues with them.
    Then I had 2 Chinese, and they were very polite, but they were kinda dirty. They spent hours in the kitchen, and never cleaned it, and when in their room, they were pretty loud.
    There was a Georgian who was nice, but a little bit awkward.
    An Arab who was also pretty cool, but one time I went to the kitchen and saw him on the floor eating from the pot with his hands. Was a bit shocked about that, but it's his culture, so it's no biggie lol

I didn't have much issues with them, the only thing was one eating my food, some being dirty, some using the kitchen for too long, making me wait hours to be able to eat, and sometimes some making too much noise. No fights or anything like that.

Pets weren't allowed, and thank goodness, because I think that would be a pain in the ass.

• I mean I'm not super prissy where I need rules for everything... I'm just scared of having people walk over me... I feel like I'm too nice. I also don't think I'd like having girl roommates; It seems like too much drama. How'd you find your roommates? why would a dog be a pain in the ass?

• With roommates you can't be soft, because then they will walk over you, you gotta set some rules and boundaries. You don't wanna end up being the one cleaning your roommate's messes all the time.
      I only had male roommates, so I don't know how girls are as roommates, but guys weren't too bad.
      The housing I was assigned the roommates themselves. They made us fill out some paperwork, asking what type of person we are to sort of assign roommates that are similar to you, but I think they just assigned them randomly cause every dude was completely different xD
      I've never had a pet, so I don't really know how to take care of one, plus, I fear I may get asked to take care of the dog if they go out or something. And if the dog poops on the floor for example and the owner isn't there, I'll have to be the one picking that shit up.

• lol well I guess I could do that and my dog is potty trained so no accidents. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• someone with basic hygiene n no mood swings

my college dorm roommate had crazy mood swings because her rocky relationship n other reasons

it was hard tolerating that.

• I'm worried about that

• ohhh well that's one good thing

• my grades went all time low... that never happened in my life