Why do married men seem so depressed, or drained? Like a lifeless corpse just going through the motions?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• People who go through life like that don't have problems because they're married. They have problems because they're the type of person who's never happy.

They could have the prettiest spouse, the best kids, tons of whatever they want and theyll still never be happy.

1|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• it's a variety of factors relating to stress environment and marriage is a commitment when your married you not only care for your self but your significant other. Besides us guys tend to devote ourselves to our jobs more than woman so every thing can affect it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• What if perhaps those miserable men were once miserable lonely people who were desperate not to be lonely anymore, so instead of searching happiness from within, they sought for someone else to make them happy and they realized to late that a marriage is a two way street? A marriage is meant to share happiness, so how does one share that which he doesn't have?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all of them are like that.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think it's necessarily a married man thing. life can get pretty mundane and adulting isn't all it's cracked up to be. I do find it a struggle at times, because I hate routine and family life is all routine. But part of it is that unmarried men have to keep up an image of being on top of their game, if they want to date. but given married men statistically live longer, surely it's as bad as you think

1|0
    0|0
  • You answered your own question, MARRIED men. As in, they have a wife. As in, they're getting the life sucked out of them every day by incessant nagging.

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad's pretty happy with my mom. Almost 26 years married, and still strong. The only thing that drains my dad is work, not marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that's what a relationship will do to a man. Relationships are emasculating and depressing.

0|0
    0|0
  • stress bro... too much of them...

0|0
    0|0
  • cuz they're bored of fucking the same woman for the past 10+ years.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes