What would you want more or less of, when it comes to your Mum?

In accordance to Mother's Day (14th of May). Is there something (s) that you'd like your mother to do more or less of?

Whether that would be to spend MORE time with you and do LESS nagging? Lol

I would like my mum to be MORE verbally affectionate and LESS paranoid about negativity. She's always negative, thinking that someone is out there to curse her, which can be draining and for the result of that she is always paranoid about EVERYTHING πŸ˜’

I apologise if any one out there has lost their mum (for whatever reason). I could just imagine that a day like this would be difficult for you and for your loved ones also.

(Asking something different then the usual Mother's Day questions that will flood GaG soon)

2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I want my mum and every mother in this world to live a happy and healthy long life.
    please spend time with your parents, because that is all they wanted.
    we are so busy in our life that we forget our parents are growing old.
    and it's one of my biggest fear losing them.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Oh yeah that negative attitude would also make me feel unhappy :-(
    I like a nice and positive atmosphere... now I understand why we get along well sis... both positive people :D

1|0
    0|0
    • HAHA EXACTLY dear brother!! The negativity can be really draining and that could ruin my mood easily :/ I dislike it heaps

• Me too sis... you'll have to stay so positive you heat up the place! :D :D

• Right now I wish she would sleep so she could get better since she's sick right now.

I swear she's stubborn as a mule.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish my mom wouldn't stress "herself out" as much. Before she was fine and would just let us be and I would talk to her sometimes. School is getting to both her and me so i understand she's stressed out but I guess I want her to be more understanding

1|0
    0|0
  • My mom drives me a little crazy if I'm around her for too often. She asks questions, but then never listens to my answers. Truly listens. She also is extremely sensitive. One can't criticize her or do something she even perceives of as criticism.

So more listening and less sensitivity.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish mine wouldn't yell at my little brother as often as she does. Though most of the time it is his own fault, a lot of times she just yells at him by default because she just assumes he's going to cause shit to happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • My Mom was actually pretty good to me when she was alive, really had no complaints, I think she worried to much about me is about it

1|0
    0|0
  • Less nagging! And feel free to send me more free meals rather than leftovers on just holidays πŸ˜‚

2|0
    0|0
    • leftovers are still awesome! BUT i see what you mean

• Show All
    • Interesting. Well people do cope with things differently and you are right it's like she has a bad habit or she almost enjoys in a way always being negative. I've met people like that before.
      Lmao not so spiritual are you?πŸ˜›

Just meπŸ˜‚ I'm just like yeah I know I don't want to hear it anymore. Nothing will ever change.

• Yeah it's weird to me. I am spiritual lol I just rather focus on positivity instead of negativity lol

Lol that sounds about right πŸ˜‚ Oh wells

• want my mother to scream less and let me spend more time on gadgets

2|0
    0|0
  • Not really I love my mum. I just accept her for who she is.

1|0
    0|0
  • My mum is great, sometimes she tends to nag, and can be old-fashioned sometimes, but she is quite affectionate most of the time. I wish her good health and a bit more understanding.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well pretty much no complaints.. But she can be sometimes very sensitive to where other people say to her...
    I wish she would have a thick skin... And be a little more tough...

1|0
    0|0
  • For her to be less negative. If I don't text at least once a day, she goes "are you ok?" Annoys me soo much.

1|0
    0|0
  • LESS time nagging and moaning and being negative. MORE time standing up for herself at work and trying to get along with my dad.

1|0
    0|0
  • what I want from my mom... only one thing to grow a bone ,, and question when something bad or not right is happening... she is so scared of society and when I say something like with revolt interest , she always tell to look at my own life and keep quite... and she and everyone knows that , when I hear such comments , I really get mad and sad for such people...πŸ˜’πŸ˜©... and I go for silence , and she knows that I don't like it and wants her to question when something wrong is happening.. but she ignores it...😑

1|0
    0|0
  • I stay far away from my ailing parents. I'll ask for her good health, and my dad's too.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm happy with how things are.

1|0
    0|0
  • definitely less

1|0
    0|0
  • No complaints.. she's 80...

1|0
    0|0
  • For her to die sooner and foe her to stop pestering me to see her in the hospital.

0|0
    2|1
    • As a child who saw most of my mum's life spent in the hospital, then see her pass away there as well, and now am working in a hospital as a nurse who sees countless of patients who mentally and emotionally suffer without family support is a FUCKING PAINFUL REALITY! I hope that you come to grip that reality and see surpass/despite the relationship you may have with your mum; she shouldn't be left alone.

• Show All
    • @mooky06 it's critical times like this when they need the most care indeed.

• That she stays where she is

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• I wish she had more self confidence and worth in herself because she's amazing and I'd like her to see herself as I do.
    And less coffee. She really doesn't need anymore caffeine πŸ˜‘

1|1
    0|0
    • That's really nice :) I'm sure you already tell her how awesome she is though :P
      The coffee part can be a concern :/ good point

• All the time, if only she believed me πŸ’—

• I'd want her to trust my abilities more when it comes to fending for myself.

As a teenager, I'm trying my earnest to balance my time between school and home and it only gets worse when she complains that I'm not yet ready to fare in the "real world". According to her, I still have a lot to know and there are many things I'm bound to learn. Hearing that makes me think that growing up seems like a trap rather than a sanctuary.

I only have one year left in high school and I think I'm only getting support from my peers.

1|0
    0|0
    • That would be hard. I think we all will keep learning with ourselves but it's a life that we'd have to find out for ourselves to truly understand. Maybe she feels the need to be over protective?

It sounds like you'd want her to provide you with more guidance and support

• I can only wish and want to remember more fond memories of my mum and I, before learning and having memories of cancer consuming her life then taking it. I have some memories as well as happy pictures to look back on, but she was gone too soon and in a rough manner from my life which makes me miss her dearly.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry to hear. I bet it's been hard on you. I'm glad you have good memories of her :)

• Thanks love. I sure do have some cherished memories.

I'm sure your mum can be more affectionate if you start off in humbling yourself to show affection yourself. Point out little things she does that you appreciate, treat her as a queen as she should be and just tease her in telling her that you wish for her to love you just as much πŸ˜›

• More or less of for my mum?
    Less fucking paranoid, less drinking, less smoking, less lying, less intensity and less thinking she's strong or scary when she's just damn pathetic.

More ambition and willingness to help herself. She can complain about what people have done to her all she likes. Nobody but her, put her in her current position.

Wish i hadn't visited her now. She pisses me off everytime i do with that woe is me act.

2|0
    0|0
  • I love my mom but she needs to worry less about me and stop reminding me to do things that has nothing to do with her (i. e pay my car bill, house mortgage, car payment, this bill or that bill)
    lol yes.. 26 years old, getting married, have my own house, and she nags me about paying my bills... or reminds me of the same thing every day

1|0
    0|0
  • I love my mom. She's one of the best people in my life. I know this won't change, but I'd like her to not be so overbearing at times, though. I know it's because she cares, and that is important, of course. However, it becomes too much at times, especially since I'm an adult and don't need her to hold my hand constantly, haha.

1|0
    0|0
    • I understand whole heartedly! You just can't stop that need to protect and be motherly when it comes to children :) I guess it's something we don't understand till we have children ourselves (which is something I often hear from my mum) "Oh you wouldn't understand till you have children of your own. Then you'd understand" :P

• Exactly. πŸ˜‚ I know she means well, but it's too much at times.

• Suffocates you with love πŸ˜‚

• Less always saying the same thing when lecturing me, but more time with her. Always more time. I love my mom <3

1|0
    0|0
  • I want her to be more loving, more understanding, less impulsive, less bossy, less pessimistic. Wish she was on GAG so she can see this. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Except for her over use of the word "should've" with me, my mom's pretty great.

1|1
    0|0
  • Less of: Being randomly critical about stuff she has no education or knowledge about in regards to my life. Lmao. (She doesn't do this often anymore)
    More of: Calling and texting me first.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want my mother to stop embarassing me. My sister knows how to confront her for this behavior but I can't bring myself to do it!

1|0
    0|0
  • I want my mom to love me more and insult me less

2|0
    0|0
  • What I want more of I can't have. As a teenager, I wish my mama would've been a bit more strict.

But then, as I really think about it, I'm happy she let me live free. If I didn't experience the things I have in life, I wouldn't think the way I do, today. I'm ever-so-grateful for my mother. And every other beautiful blessing I have.
    Thank you, God❀❀❀

1|0
    0|0
    • Also, thank you for the invite😊

• I want my mom to be more lively and less judgmental.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes