Do have low self-esteem , and have a poor self image of yourself?

... Do you believe in yourself? Do you give yourself the credit you deserve?
Do have low self-esteem , and have a poor self image of yourself?Self-esteem is an integral part of personal happiness, fulfilling relationships and achievement. People with genuinely low self-esteem have a poor self image and low confidence, they tend to treat themselves badly.

Characteristics Low Self Esteem

Constant Self criticism - tending to create a habitual state of dissatisfaction with yourself. Exaggerating the magnitude of mistakes or behaviours and not able to reach self forgiveness

Exaggerated concern over what you imagine other people think

Hypersensitivity to criticism leading to feeling attacked and not being open to constructive criticism. Inability to accept compliments

Chronic indecision due to fear of making mistakes.

Excessive will to please out of fear of displeasing someone.

Perfectionism, which leads to constant frustration or underachievement when perceived perfection is not achieved.

Hostility or irritability—easily angered even over minor things.

Feelings of insignificance.

General negativity about life and often an inability to enjoy
life. Accentuating the negative

Do have low self-esteem , and have a poor self image of yourself?

2|2

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I wouldn't say I have poor self-esteem. I just have unrealistic expectations for myself. I demand perfection which is something nobody can hope to grasp. It kind of makes me miserable at times to be honest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used too. I had a lot problems in My past. Now I'm good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love to lead myself with my own personality which I earned and learnt

1|0
    0|0
  • yes but only when my principal called me in his office 😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • No have good self asteem just to tired at times from work to do the big things

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. :-(

1|0
    0|0
  • I have basically zero self esteem

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do display some of these characteristics.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have the worst self esteem since I was 6

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

1|0
    0|0
  • No I don't !!

1|0
    0|0
  • No. ...

1|0
    0|0
  • Extremely Insecure

1|0
    0|0
  • i am working on my confidence ☺️💕

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I watch people with low self-esteem becoming emotionally crippled and I'm not sure what to say to them to help them. What are some things someone with these problems can do to feel better about themselves?

1|0
    0|0
    • Personally i think they first need to get to the root cause of their low self -esteem . Some people's low self-esteem develops over time... caused by the living environment they were raised in . . Or some people were bullied at school so they start to feel worthless. If they get to the root cause , they can start to challenge their own negative thoughts to change their thought processes and eventually realise their own worth , even if no one else does

Some women who were in abusive relationships have low -self esteem, and unless they get out of the environment that' s causing their low self-esteem it'll be more difficult for them to know their true worth

• yeah I am working on it though... I am filling myself with Jesus' love and trying to let myself know that I am awesome and lovable because God loves me.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm insecure but don't have a low self esteem, though got told off for saying my birthday doesn't matter. My friends didn't know until it was on the day 🙈

1|0
    0|0
  • I do and it became a nasty habit to self-criticize myself. There are times where I feel that I have a good image of myself but it immediately plummets. It's very hard to overcome it but not impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I am not there yet..

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope l don't have

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes