Tell me about your pets?

Title says it all! I'd love to hear about everyone's pets. I've got a mildly overweight pibble that's my everything, a cat who likes food too much and two hermit crabs, Scoob and Dolph 😆

Feel free to tell me how you got them as well! Did you rescue them/adopt them/buy from a breeder? Do they have any quirks? You can tell me as much as you'd like about them, I love hearing about people's pets. 🙂

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I grew up on farm. Lots of dogs, cats, chickens, goats, cattle, ducks... Each group had 1 that was a pet... I have never lived without a pet fish since I was nine... I've had a pet Bull, Cow, snake, bat, spider, parrot, iguana, rabbit, turtle, duck, goose, cats, dogs, monkey, rabbit, hamster, a flock of lovebirds... most died of natural causes, and some I had to leave behind.
    Right now, I have 3 pacific parrotlets, 1 fancy pigeon, and a 125 gallon tank with about 30 lemon-yellow chillies... 😁

0|0
    0|0
    • That should be chiclids, not chillies... damn autocorrect...

• You have pigeons? You're so lucky! I'd have given anything to live on a farm. I want Jacobin but I'd have to import them haha

A pet bull? How'd that work? I've always heard they make bad pets but I have no personal experience.

I used to have fish too! Once I get my own place I want mollies, gourami and angelfish 😁

• Right now, I only have the one fancy pigeon. Speckled brown and white... I let her out of the cage and she flies around the apartment... Whoever had her before me must have mistreated her, as she is shy around people...

Most Helpful Girl

• scontent.fybz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/.../...198723_n.jpg
    This is bunny. He doesn't want anything to do with me unless it involves humping. He only eats the colorful bits in his rabbit food and flips his bowl over in protest when there's none left. I take him out for walks at the park like a weirdo. He has no survival instinct. A dog will be pulling on its leash growling and trying to get at him and bunny will hop right up to the dog's nose and start sniffing it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh he's precious!! I used to have lionhead rabbits and while they aren't the smartest they're adorable haha. His face looks so smoochable!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I have a 2 year old dog that is a mix between a labrador retriever and a rottweiler. He doesn't really know what's going on most of the time, but he's fun to play with and very affectionate.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is my kind of question. The first animal I had was a German Shepherd mixed with some other dog that I don't remember. We found him just walking outside in the rain. Brought him in and asked my mom if we could keep him. We did and named him after a dog in one of our books, Pokey. Our parents are weird with animals, because they never let them live inside. He probably would have lived longer if we did.

0|0
    0|0
    • German shepherds are great! We used to own GSDs and GSD mixes. Loving dogs. My family was the same, our dogs served a purpose, protecting the property and killing off coyotes lol they loved being outside but it was more dangerous.. my pibble wouldn't last outdoors, she's a spoiled girl. 😁

• I used to have a dog. she was very friendly with our family. once a cat attacked on my mother. my dog killed that cat in order to defend my mother.
    she love to play a lot
    due to aging factor after 12 years she died.

0|0
    0|0
    • She lived a long time! Loyal dog.. she protected your mother. What a sweet baby. Does your family ever plan on getting another?

• ya we are planning to get pug dog

• I have texted you on private message. shall we chat there

• I had 1 dog, got her when she was a puppy in 1997. Best dog ever and very loyal even if the gate was open she would never run away.

Sadly she died of old age in 2009.

0|0
    0|0
    • Awh :( I'm sorry to eat that. She sounds really smart though, I wish I could trust my dog not to run off lol

• Show All
    • That's awesome to hear! Yes I'm actually on the market for another dog lol but there's soooo many to choose from.. it's difficult to decide haha

• Im stuck between a beagle or a golden Labrador retriever.

• OMG ARE YOU AN ANARCHIST TOO? (off topic sry)

Two dogs, one brown, one black and gray. They look like Schnauzers, but they're mutts

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a cat that's slightly retarded, and a 5 year old Australian Shepherd that still acts lie a puppy

0|0
    0|0
    • Australian shepherds are gorgeous! And Awh poor kitty. My cat is a little slow too lol but I think he just doesn't apply himself

• Yeah, she's a cutie. Even if I could strangle her most days 🙄
      Pretty sure that cat whacked his head too many times as a kitten. We had the kitchen table sitting 3 or 4 feet from the counter - he could jump up to the table but didn't quit have to vertical to reach the counter. So he tried to jump across, counts to quite make that either.
      So he's launch himself with everything he had at the counter - and smack into it head first - for 2 weeks before he could make it all the way 😂

• We have 5 dogs
    3 border collies
    1 border collie mix
    1 American rat terrier
    2 cats
    2 horses

0|0
    0|0
    • Oo that's a lot! You're lucky. I've always wanted a horse.. growing up we lived on a bit of land so we had lots of dogs, like 12 haha

• I only have an acre and they cost a $hitload and literally make $hitloads which you must clean up.

• Yeah we were spending easily over a $100 a week to feed our dogs growing up.. we had money so it wasn't an issue but I can't imagine trying to take care of two right now. And having poop all over the yard isn't slightly either lol

• had fish. didn't know how to pet them and they died

0|0
    0|0
  • I do love lots of pussy but I can manage with meow too

0|0
    1|1
  • Pets are stupid I will never have one.

0|0
    0|0
    • Then why'd you comment? 😆

• Show All
    • Some of them. Depends on the animal in my opinion lol I've owned dumb dogs that were a pain, always chewing stuff, never listening etc but I've also owned dogs (like my current one) with emotional capacity and the intelligence to behave and recognize certain things. Otherwise I don't think I could deal with it..

So you've never had any pets at all?

• Nope never.

• I have a fat turtle, his name is scrappy

0|0
    0|0
  • lovely cat 😺

0|0
    0|0
  • my cat is an asshole

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I have two dogs, their names are Rosie and Bandit. Rosie is 1 year old next week and Bandit is 9 months old. Rosie is a red setter crossed with a golden Labrador and Bandit is a black Labrador. We got both dogs from breeders. Rosie gives judging looks to my entire family all of the time, it's so funny. And Bandit is able to use her paws to take stuff off of the table and open doors 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I rescued two pups that are brother and sister.. they lived on the streets and I couldn't resist taking them and giving them a home. they are both so sweet. I also adopted two chiweenies (mix breed of Chihuahua and weenie dog) they are extremely goofy but lovable. Then I have an 1 kitten that I found on a farm.. almost died of dehydration and I found her just in time. the best part is she gets along with my pups so very well. I love animals a little too much. ❤❤

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have a pet, but I really want a kitten because I have read they can be therapeutic.
    I don't have one because I know I am not going to take care of it much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have two cats. One likes to run about the house and tries to trip us up. The other is fairly quite and doesn't try to trip us up, she likes to lick carrier bags though lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Can always count on the cats for the quirks 😆 They sound adorable. My fat cat trips me when he wants food lol

• Aww, it's annoying but cute lol. Like feed me or I'll kill you lol

• I got two cats and one dog. The first cat I got was one that my dad brought home from his work. She was starving and dirty living under a dumpster but she is a lot better now. She was declawed though so we tried asking around to find the owner in the end we kept her. My other cat is a boy and I got him two years ago at an adoption place. One time he got outside and ran away and gave me a heart attack but he showed up at the back door a week later demanding food. Last is my pup he is a schnoodle so a cross between a schnauzer and poodle but he's the smaller version and he has fluffy black hair.

0|0
    0|0
    • Schnoodle.. now that's adorable lol. But wow. I'm so glad you found her. She got lucky with you!

• The irony, my Dad is a vet but we never had many pets growing up eg when we were little, now that he is a bit more settled we have gained a couple in the last ten years (even though I don't live at home they are still my pets). We have an old English sheepdog called Winston and a Collie called Lettuce. Both of them are from breeders, clients of my fathers actually. Winston is named after Winston Churchill and Lettuce is called lettuce because when she was little she used to mess up the salad patch in the garden.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lettuce is such a cute name!! I think sheepdogs are super awesome. I couldn't imagine growing up without my pets lol

• Stormy, my is evil (not actually evil though he has a short fuse. I don't blame him though. My siblings can be very annoying.), distant but cares about us a lot. He likes to eat to the point of vomiting.
    My turtle, Speedy is very social, he goes around greeting everyone. He doesn't like being in his tank for the most part. He eats anything that we put in his tank. Even fish and shrimp. Speedy would eat the snails if he could.
    And my two hamsters enjoy being out as well. The one, brown Sugar bites people but is adorable and enjoys the presence of humans. He's very social.
    Vanilla is more reserved and has a very mature personality, though he too enjoys the presence of humans. They can't be in the same space though, because they'll attack each other.

0|0
    0|0
    • Those are adorable names for hamsters! And yes I've heard from other people siblings can be the bane of pets. My turtle was never social, he was bitey sadly.

• I'm surprised my turtle has never bitten my siblings. 😂

• my first and last pet was a fish that died.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any 😔

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes