Is this site/app only for straight people?

145

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

I mean we're allowed to use it, but it's obviously not something that was built with gay/bi people in mind. People will tell you there are gay/bi users and like, yeah, we're out here, but I can count the number of active users who aren't straight on one hand. Most leave after a few months. If you try to use it 'straight up', the way its intended, it will be useless for you. 99% of respondants are clueless about homosexual relationships, and at least 50% probably think we should be locked up or at least kept away from children. There is no gay dating advice on girlsaskguys.

What it *is* good for, and this is what I use it for, is seeing how str8 people think when they're around each other, lmfao. Normally we only get to see str8s when they're around gays, right? And they're on the defensive, in that situation, they're very different. Here it's like, they're in their natural habitat. And you can see what they talk about and be like... wow... str8 people think that... I would never have believed anyone thinks that... but they do. It's fascinating.

• It fascinating​, but also very scary. I say a question about killing someone.

• I think there should be more gay people on here. Post your questions, seriously, I had no idea anyone felt that way. That sucks

• @Telekinetic-Potato the problem is, if I post my questions I'll get bad advice. Str8 & gay relationships are just very, very different, we have different problems. The only reason would be to hope that, by asking gay relationship questions, more gay people would be attracted to the website, who could eventually contribute advice... it's a little bit too much of an investment for me, I hope I will not need dating advice by the time I get a return on it :P besides that, even if the few gay users did as more questions, the website is designed in such an overwhelmingly heterosexual way that it is almost as if it were designed to repel us :P so the gay community would always be small here. That and, y'know, the amount of aggressive, open homophobia that is tolerated on this website. The bottom line is there are just much better websites for us to go to for anything this website could offer us.

I don't think its awful, per se - gag has its own niche, and gets nothing by 'diversifying'

Most Helpful Guy

• this site is for everybody but this site just contains normal people so brace yourself for ignorant homophobic bullshit just like in real life ;)