Who is smarter? Historians or Scientists?

• Historians
  • Scientists

413

Most Helpful Girl

• historians have inmense amount of data/facts/stories to tell. I find that amusing. So I went with historians. Scientists are more try and error, experiments and data collection. I think scientist can be very creative and problem solvers by nature thats amusing too.

• amusing? What's funny about them?

• Meant as enjoyable, delightful, engaging and pleasant behavior to see or just be around it. (as of in class)

Most Helpful Guy

• philosophers lol
    no seriously I would say either of them, I suggest you to read Gardner's Theory of multiple intelligences and the start of Heidegger's conference written in what is Metaphysics. To sum it up roughtly those 2 discipline don't have the same need in terms of progress science need precision while history need rigor. a good scientist can be a bad historian and a good historian can be a bad scientist. One need to get his calcul good have some imagination to create and test theory while the other need to look up all the logical possibility that led this man to do this thing and not underestimating the facts and context that led things to be as they are.

• oh and you should add a either option in the poll

• Well technically you can also make the argument that philosophers are scientist since the origin of science is seen as philosophy.

• More like scientist are philosopher you mean?
      but yeah there is a link between them.