Girls, What's a good way for a guy to strike up a conversation with you?

Girls, What's a good way for a guy to strike up a conversation with you?In general I mean and not just to hit on you.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nice question.

I say the best way is to make it casual... kind of funny - a sense of humor always helps a lot (80% of it all is the sense of humor), and if possible if he can relate to me in that short period of time which is a small chance, but one if realized - is magic.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• In my opinion the best way to start a conversation is by focusing on common interests and curiosity (it's important to be authentic). Depending where you are striking up the convo, you are probably there together in a common place. Start with a question... if at a coffee shop... what's your recommendation here? If she is reading a book, ask her... how do you like the book? I hope that helps.

2|2
    0|0
  • depends on the situation. The best thing to do, even if you like the girl, is to start a casual conversation. A conversation that doesn't show your intentions. A lot of girls don't see guys as attractive at first until they get to know them. So start a conversation about whatever is around you or if you have a class in common, an assignment etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • If a guy can approach me, and not make it look forced or trying too hard to impress me, I'll be open to talk. I would like it to be causal and him giving me the aura that there's no pressure being put upon me to talk to him. "This place is chill today. Have you been here when it's packed?"
    Something simple

0|2
    0|0
  • find something in the environment to comment about if you aren't confident enough to start off with the compliment. after you once you comment on the environment, give her a compliment and asked her opinion on something super pop culture that most people have heard about. challenge her and be flirty and you'll find the right time to go in for the kill

0|1
    0|0
  • Be casual, at least have a slight sense of humor, and be coherent. by the way, you don't have to be a comedian but I'll probably throw out a joke here and there and it gets pretty awkward when you take every 1 of them deadly serious.

1|1
    0|0
  • I usually go over and say "Jason?" and they say "Oh no sorry I'm _____" and I say "well hello ______, I'm Cate (smile and little wave), nice to meet you!" and shake their hand. It's always been a sure fire for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • You could start with a " hey" or "hi." If you don't know them but if you do use your regular greeting. You could ask about her life, personal interests (like sports/ shopping :games), or talk about your intrests and see if you have anything in common! That how I feel!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yet nornal things. Maybe take sn interest in what ai am doing, ask me about it.. something like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Base on experience, when some guy want to talk to me, It would always start with saying "Hi" with a friendly smile and introduce yourself and ask just random questions (about her work maybe, likes.. etc).

0|1
    0|0
  • Confidence and a spark via joyful eye glance at something that just happened or mutual witness of something.

Basically if a guy is in a fun and playful mood when he yells out to me as a stranger or coworker it's hard to go wrong.

As long as it isn't perverted or sexual he just made my day a whole lot better. His energy alone and taking a few seconds to sure that energy with me makes me smile.

This happens with people in my office building and that's all it takes to become friends.

You see each other everyday yet you don't work for the same company so it's a breath of fresh air.

0|1
    0|0
  • Find something you share in common. It kinda depends on the girl, like if she is a silly person, talk to her about the funny stuff and try to ask about what she likes. If she is not really silly but maybe a band geek like me, you could try talking about what she likes, but also letting her have the chance to ask you questions. Persons with more enthusiastic personalities tend to like to talk about themselves. Remember, Find interest, talk about it, Find more interests, talk more, then make sure you aren't Being clingy. That always sucks. Good luck!

1|1
    0|0
  • I always love it if a guy opens with humour... Initially its more the body language that matters more in striking up a convo so be open and smiley and relaxed and the convo should roll itself!

1|1
    0|0
  • Ask her about herself, and figure out what you have in common. Be compassionate.

1|1
    0|0
  • guy: you like game of thrones?

me: talks about it for 1 hour

0|1
    0|0
  • talk about starwars or horses that worked on me lol

0|2
    0|0
  • ummm... just like you would start a conversation with anyone. But it is always easiest if the topic is something interesting.

0|2
    0|0
  • Probably saying something about something I have with me

0|2
    0|0
  • I always love it when a guy says "hey" and just starts being funny and then after a while call the girl hot and stuff.

1|1
    0|0
  • For me maybe a funny joke and then an introduction 😊

1|2
    0|0
  • Well for starters you better not be ugly otherwise you're wasting our time

0|0
    2|0
  • by being random... in a humorous way.

0|1
    0|0
  • Say hi and something funny/charming.