What advice would you give your younger self?

I'm kind of curious, even though this is a cliché question. what do you wish you had known when you were younger, and why?

816

Most Helpful Guy

• If I could talk to myself from 2 years ago, I would say that you need to save more of your money. I'd tell him that he has to get his act together and be harder on himself. That no matter how hard things get, he's the toughest man on the planet and the world would never put him through something he couldn't overcome with style because the world isn't clever enough to do anything that bad. I would tell him to study a little more and focus on working so that you can have time for girls when you're 21 and you don't have to be driving around in a car that's falling apart and scaring them all off from miles away. I would tell him that as much as everything in life has sucked, be ready for it to get worse.

Be ready for your family to fall apart again, to be homeless with your dad. Remember not to abandon him this time. Remember to be the bigger man when he acts like an asshole because deep down you know you understand him. Because you recognize yourself in your parents. I'd tell him it's ok to ask for help. I'd tell him to enjoy Daniela while he's got her because she won't be so simple to be close to in a year from now.

I wanna tell him that he's gonna get too depressed to make smart decisions and he can't let that happen to him. Or else he's gonna do stupid shit that you can't live down.

And then I'd say I love him and good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• Please do your homework and finish high school, it's really not that hard. I know you think you have it all figured out, but you don't, homegirl. And you need to listen to everybody that's telling you that. Trust me.