What advice would you give your younger self?

I'm kind of curious, even though this is a cliché question. what do you wish you had known when you were younger, and why?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• If I could talk to myself from 2 years ago, I would say that you need to save more of your money. I'd tell him that he has to get his act together and be harder on himself. That no matter how hard things get, he's the toughest man on the planet and the world would never put him through something he couldn't overcome with style because the world isn't clever enough to do anything that bad. I would tell him to study a little more and focus on working so that you can have time for girls when you're 21 and you don't have to be driving around in a car that's falling apart and scaring them all off from miles away. I would tell him that as much as everything in life has sucked, be ready for it to get worse.

Be ready for your family to fall apart again, to be homeless with your dad. Remember not to abandon him this time. Remember to be the bigger man when he acts like an asshole because deep down you know you understand him. Because you recognize yourself in your parents. I'd tell him it's ok to ask for help. I'd tell him to enjoy Daniela while he's got her because she won't be so simple to be close to in a year from now.

I wanna tell him that he's gonna get too depressed to make smart decisions and he can't let that happen to him. Or else he's gonna do stupid shit that you can't live down.

And then I'd say I love him and good luck.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Please do your homework and finish high school, it's really not that hard. I know you think you have it all figured out, but you don't, homegirl. And you need to listen to everybody that's telling you that. Trust me.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• not only a cliche but a torture too :) For old/er folks, like me. you make us think on what we've fucked up and that's always difficult.
    if I would choose something important I would say "understanding, value and better use of the available time" and "don't wait till 35 to get to know yourself". Oh... and avoid being superficial:)

0|1
    0|0
  • a lot of more horrible and terrifying fucked up shit is coming. do anything to do suicide and kill yourself right now. or you will get haunted by life, memories everyday when you will grow up

0|0
    0|0
  • Work hard when young so that you can party harder while u grow more mature..
    Like work hard at school and college so that you get a job with an amazing salary to party..😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Say what you think.
    Act on what you believe.
    Stand up for yourself.
    Quit being to nice, because people will run you over.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't waste time. And never go out of your way to please people that don't care about you.

0|0
    0|0
  • be a bit smarter about money

0|1
    0|0
  • be humble and never settle

0|1
    0|0
  • you fucked up but, keep noving forward

0|0
    0|0
  • Be afraid, be very afraid of what's to come

0|0
    0|1
  • be humble

0|1
    0|0
  • Get outside & do something lol

0|1
    0|0
  • you're doing it well buddy.. keep it up

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't trust family! Find your own passions and career! Work out everyday!

0|1
    0|0
  • f*ck as many people as possible

0|2
    1|0
  • Study harder.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Avoid the wrong company, those people are messy and their negative aura will affect you. Put more effort into school, and be more confident.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't jump off the roof to try and fly, 9 year old me

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't fall for every guy that calls you amazing and gives you attention. Other than that, I'm pretty content with the shit I fucked up.

0|1
    0|0
  • don't ever date my ex, don't even talk to him. because in the end all it did was ruin my life

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't rely your happiness to other people and love yourself first.

0|1
    0|0
  • To focus on grades instead of dumbass boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go ur own way

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes