Can you cash a check at the bank that the person wrote it at?

Someone once told me if you have doubts about a check clearing that you can go to the bank that the check was written from and cash it there and you don't have to be a member since it's their check. Is this true?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I'm confused. The check needs to be written out to you for that to be possible. If you work for a business, you'll need to be 1. the primary account holder or 2. the secondary person that is in that account to be able to deposit or withdrawal from the bank account

I think nowadays you can deposit a check using an ATM with your bank card.

0|0
    0|0
    • It is written out to me, I'm the business. The bank that has the account number for that check should be able to see on the computer when they put the account number in at the bottom of the check to see if it will clear. If I go to my own bank, they can't see what that persons balance is, if that was the case people wouldn't be bouncing checks.

• I just asked this because someone told me this years ago and I'm wondering if this person is correct or not.

What Guys Said 1

• If its going to clear, it will ear at your bank too. If its a concern, get them to get it certified first.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes