What do you guys think about Germans?

so what comes in your mind when you think about Germans, Germany or about central Europe in general?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I speak German decently well (not quite fluent, but I can hold a conversation). I decided to visit the German-speaking countries as a fun vacation, and as an opportunity to improve my German.

To be completely honest, when I traveled to Germany (from the USA), I thought the Germans were really uptight and snobby (especially in the North). For example, I asked someone (in German) where to buy a Tageskarte for the S-Bahn. I've never done that before, so I had no idea. The man seemed super annoyed, even though he wasn't doing anything.

They weren't quite so rude in Bavaria. I actually thought that the Austrians were generally a lot nicer and more patient with my not-quite-fluent German.

I liked Liechtenstein, and found Switzerland to be a bit underwhelming. My favorite German-speaking place I visited was actually in Italy (Südtirol). The people were nice, the food was excellent, and the scenery was breathtaking.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Not much, just weird clothes/styles. A lot of german tourists come here in the summer (Sweden) and I've actually been able to point them out before I know for sure. Like I've been outside with my parents or friends and have seen a person/couple and said to my family/friends that "he/she/them over there are probably german", just based on their hairstyle and clothes, and then a few seconds later sure enough we hear them start speaking german haha. I've never been wrong when I've said that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Intelligent.

Some of my most favorite philosophers and great thinkers came from there, including the one in my name. During the age of enlightenment in Europe in general, the painters, mathematicians, poets, and so on and so forth spilled out of Germany/Prussia every decade for 2 centuries. Kant, Schopenhauer, Marx, Hegel, Achenbach, And so many more great minds. Probably why all engineers and scientists go to Germany at least once.

I have nothing but great respect for Germany. From the U. S.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mercedes Benz, German National Team, Bastian , Adidas which is my favourite sports brand, Bayern Munich.

And a few years ago I flew on Lufthansa airlines on the A380 from Frankfurt to Johannesburg. I was really impressed.

1|2
    0|0
  • Id say the girls are attractive.. dunno about the guys..
    Politically all European countries tend to be somewhat similar.. minor differences otherwise culturally made from the same proverbial cloth...
    .. furthermore the passive superiority is expressed esp amongst the deep rooted Germans. The nationals
    This from experience

0|0
    0|0
  • I think their language is hilarious in the nicest way possible. They have some of the best solar energy implementation out there. A vast amount of americans have german blood.(ironically I'm not one of them...)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think of Nazi Germany and the atrocities you committed against my people.
    and then I think about the attrocities you let onto yourselves by accepting migrants.
    Be strong, Protect yourselves already!!

0|0
    0|4
  • I think of the Führer. If he was alive today then Germany would not be in the pathetic state that it's in.

0|0
    2|1
  • Tolle Musik und Kultur. Ein Ort, wo ich gerne leben würde!

0|0
    0|0
  • Initial thoughts of Germany: Nurburging Race Track, BMW, Mercedes Benz and Nazi's.

0|1
    0|0
  • Germany, a country of which we are completely dependent regarding economy

0|0
    0|0
  • Here at my native, many germans settled over, they are all good, but a more modest.

0|0
    0|0
  • now i have seen your picture i think i wanna kiss a german girl hehe

0|1
    0|0
  • Germany= power, amazing people and mentality, pure race, german cars, and of course hitler.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is the worlds greatest country, most decent country, most equal country, best sporting nation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beer, Bratwurst, Fun parties.

0|0
    0|0
  • blonde hair big boogs lol nothing wrong with that

0|1
    0|0
  • refugees raping woman of germany

0|0
    0|1
  • Herman the German

0|0
    0|0
  • Hot girls, cars, and beer😂😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I think they're cool just like any other country.

0|0
    0|0
  • hairy armpits

0|0
    0|1
  • great food, Oktoberfest, and laderhosens

0|0
    0|0
  • Prostitution is legal there and that's all I need to know.

0|1
    0|1
  • The race that's being bred out by the refugees.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nationalism is rising.

• Show All
    • maybe a couple criminal cases and such, there is no massive deportation of Arabs just because they are Arabs. That would be illegal in pretty much all European countries

• @qdoek
      Besides that, it's not the intermarriage thing that's the issue. The real issue is that the Germans (along with all the other Europeans) simply are not producing enough children.

• I remember having a crush on a exchange student back in school.. All i have to say is I love the accent

0|0
    0|0
  • I think of Nazis.
    I am part German too.
    I like them. They are good, intelligent people.

0|0
    0|0
  • spasts

0|0
    0|1

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• @yumix danke

0|1
    0|0
  • My cousins live there but never went there.
    Considering what they say goverment take care of its people well

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes