21 year old female who is scared shizzless of the dentist. Advice?

It's all a bit of an exaggeration but I'm pretty scared. I had a tooth pulled yesterday. I survived. I didn't feel it but it was still traumatic for me. I know I'm meant to be an adult but I can't help it! Knowing he's just grabbing a pair of plyers and literally yanking teeth out of my face is nauseating.
I have three more teeth to be pulled. My next visit will undoubtedly make or break me. I have an impacted wisdom tooth. LOWER JAW GUYS! It's got an infection underneath and I'm on antibiotics for 5 days before i can get it pulled. The fact that I couldn't open my mouth and the severe swelling on the side of my face is what made me go to the dentist in the first place. He ended up pulling the one on top of it and giving me the meds.
So here I am. Does anyone have any advice? I'm going to go. I have to. But how can i convince myslef that it won't be that bad. What works for other people with dental fears? I'm desperate. Do you think it will be too much to ask him to put me under while he does it?

21