How do you feel about hickies?

I know some people love hickies and they like to purposely show them off and they post pictures of them on social media. And then there's people like me who hate them and are embarrassed of them. I have like 5 right now. And I'm going to a family dinner tomorrow. Fml

2510

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's something teens do, and would be embarrassed about it and a bit angry at my boyfriend if he sucked a hickey on me. I don't let him do it and wouldn't do it to him either. I think neck kissing is enough, no need to be sucking hickies.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like them. It both looks aesthetically bad and the purpose of it is silly. Often hickies (Also known as so called "kiss mark" or "Romantic sucking mark") are something people gets to have something that they can boast about. People often use them to boast about their relationships, how many they had sex with and how popular they're in the dating world.

What Girls Said 24

• Disgusting!!
    If you hate them as much as you say you wouldn't have them. I abhor them and they are never on my body.

• I never had one so I don't know.

• Meh.. people do like to point them out though and that's at work or public. It's usually in a joking I know who got lucky type of way. My boyfriend doesn't like them cause his job doesn't like them, for me it doesn't matter if I get a hickeys or not.

• I don't like them

• say you fell of ur bike

• I think they're fine and would be fine if I had a visible one that my boyfriend gave me. When there's an obscene amount I think it can be kind of obnoxious but I think they're okay in general

• If it's on neck or somewhere people can easily see, then it looks really tacky. Otherwise, it's okay, I'm not fan of it. I don't want hickey, lol

• I never honestly thought about hickies before. They have never been something that interested me in receiving or giving.

• I like them I don't know why some people call them trashy or disgusting. It's pretty cute i think.

• Gross.

• They are childish and trashy.. I've let guys give me them in the past to "mark their territory" but I always felt humiliated when I noticed people looking at them in public

• they are attractive to some extent but I can only imagine how difficult hiding those might be

• I think it's immature to show them off. It's like you have to manifest to the world how old and mature you are so you can already have sex.
    For me it's embarrassing.

• No thanks

• Not a gentleman take.

• i think they are ok, but not when family can see them

• i honestly dont care about them.

• not at all classy

• I think they're stupid and make someons look trashy if they're in an easily visible place.

• It looks disgusting

• I think it's immature. Its something childish and makes me feel that the person is marking their territory... which means insecure.

• I think it can be sexy if put in a place no one else will see but having it on my neck all big and bright is to much. No one needs to know what goes on behind closed doors

• Neutral

• They're gross. They look trashy.

What Guys Said 9

• Love having them, love giving them, hate getting shit for it. "Oh my god you're in your 20's and like sex and making out, how dare you display that!" Piss off

• I hate having hickies but I love the sensation of my neck being sucked hard.

• They look disgusting, the people that mainly have them are 12 yr old to show off they have a girlfriend or boyfriend or some shit. Totally trashy

• They can cause blood clots. She was forever sucking my neck then she read about it and never Did it again. It's nice getting them but fuck the risk

• That's high school shit man.
    Put a cold spoon on it, you'll be ight.

• Hate having them but love giving them and seeing it on the girl I've given it too.

• The marks just make it obvious to pepole you might not want it to be obviose to

• Never got one and I'm here afraid if it hurts :3 I'd also be embarrassed so...

• I dont like them