I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm sick! What do I do?

I've got an important job interview tomorrow morning and I've been fighting a stupid cold all day. I feel like shit. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're physically able, then get up and get ready and assume you are going in. But also CALL and let them know that you are sick, and would like to reschedule, but are still willing to come in at your scheduled time if they aren't able to do so. Chances are they'll reschedule, and if not, you're already on the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have a fever dont go. If you don't have a fever and are able to talk, pull your shit together as best you can. Take whatever meds you need to make it game on and go.

What Guys Said 21

• This works for me...

As it stands right now you do not have the job. So at this point you have nothing to lose other than a little time and maybe some gas in your car.

Relax. Remember, they may need you as much as you need them.

And remember, you were looking for a job when you applied there.

If you can do this attitude you will sleep well, be refreshed and your relaxed posture and tone of voice will be obvious to the person interviewing you. They are most likely doing a lot of them.

• Well I can't tell you want you should do (or rather i just don't wanna)

BUT I CAN definitely TELL YOU WHAT YOU SHOUDN'T DO...

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT... stick your face or hands in a toilet bowl that is disgusting...

Don't take a bears honey...
    DO NOT slap a tiger...

I hope these help you in your life.

• Load up on Tylenol, take a *real* pseudophed (at the pharmacy counter only) take a nondrowsy antihistamine, a half a red bull, and go.

Explain that you're not going to shake hands because you have a cold, but that you felt this job was so important to you that you didn't want to miss the appointment.

Good luck!

• you go to the job interview when they call you into the office introduce yourself is that shake your hand but I have the flu the definitely don't want to call in the very first day before your job even might start

• I would call and let them know. I have sent people back home and rescheduled their interviews because they showed up sick.

• It's just a cold, take medication and go get your job, failing to do so indicates you really don't want the job

• Go to the job interview. It shows you are willing to get the job no matter what.

• Go to it. Show them that you are willing to work even when it's raining.

• Take some medicine, drink some ginger tea, and go to the interview! :-D

• go to it and apologize for being sick it will score some brownie points

• call and tell the interviewer you are sick and ask if it can be pushed to a later date. If he/she says no. Remember, your health is more important than anything else. You will get a better job in the future.

• Go to the interview and let them know you're sick and apologize and just try your best and good luck

• Lots of water, orange juice, vitamin c, chicken soup with a lot of spice.

• Rail a few lines of coke before you get into the interview

• take Sudafed go to bed

• Take Injection and go for interview u will feel good till your interview get end

• night quil

• Take a anticold tab.

• you can ask to postpone it

• Take DayQuil in the morning, it will get you through it

• go to the interview sick, tell them you need the job for medicine or you'll die.

What Girls Said 4

• If you don't think you'll make it then call and reschedule.

• umm reschedule dah... ha ha

• eh. it's just a cold. I think you should go. But I'm kinda used to colds seeing as I've had one for almost five years now =)

• put a little blush around your nose then take sleeping pill then wake up an hour later and put on some things nice