Are you a perfectionist?

Are you a perfectionist?I really think I am. I get very upset with myself if I do something and there's something that is not right about it. If I know that I can't do something perfectly I'd rather not do it to be honest.

• Yes.
  • No.
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1431

What Guys Said 31

• About certain things, yes.

My music and movie collection, for example. I have 40,000+ hit singles in my music collection (note: I've been a mobile DJ since 1986, and make money with my music collection), and each and every one of them is properly organized, properly and completely tagged (ID3 or FLAC tags), and has high quality album art at 512x512 pixels embedded in the file and a 1000x1000 version of the artwork in the album folder. My music is arranged by genre (separated by decades), and then by Artist, and then Album, and the Albums are preceded by a number so they sort in release order.

I have thousands of hours invested in the organization of my music, but I can find exactly the song I want - even by songwriter or producer or year - or easily find all the songs that were released in March of 1973.

My movies are similarly organized, but with even more metadata for each movie. And I have a server with all of my media and 24 TB of storage to hold it, and I can access it anywhere in the world where I have decent Internet access.

• My girlfriend is definitely a perfectionist, fortunately, she also has the intelligence and the work ethic required to push through and get things done.

Sometimes she can need that first initial push to get her started. Or sometimes even a reminder of how amazing and competent she is will be enough to motivate her.

We make a great team since I'm sort of the opposite of a perfectionist. I try to get as much shit started as I can and then I don't actually accomplish anything!

• Yep.
    I wanna use just the perfect amount of salt in my meal.

I never listen to half a song. If people interrupt, I replay the song.

I don't like half celebrations. Pizza today, beer tomorrow, leftovers next week, that's not my style. If I wanna celebrate, it'll be complete. Pizzas, barbeques, drinks, desserts all at once!!! πŸ˜„πŸ˜…

• I catch myself and ask, is this really necessary? If not, I will stop and be okay with imperfection

• Well that's actually a very good question and I can relate so much with my case because I was a perfectionist if I'm still not now. And it's a living hell for real even with all the pros of it.

• For perfectionists, life is an endless report card on accomplishments or looks. It's a fast and enduring track to unhappiness, and perfectionism is often accompanied by depression and eating disorders. What makes perfectionism so toxic is that while those in its grip desire success, they are most focused on avoiding failure, so theirs is a negative orientation. And love isn't a refuge; in fact, it feels way too conditional on performance. Perfection, of course, is an abstraction, an impossibility in reality, and often it leads to procrastination. There is a difference between striving for excellence and demanding perfection. The need for perfection is usually transmitted in small ways from parents to children, some as silent as a raised eyebrow over a B rather than an A.

Are you a perfectionist?

https://www.myanswerisno.com/images/home-book.jpg

• I think I am. I hate anyone who can't do something at least acceptable

• Yes, I'm a perfectionist.

• I've seen someone literally cutting their grass with scissors. Lol

• I figure if I get it done Im already better than 100% of the people who didn't do it. I still have standards for myself. But I dont need to get a 100% to feel accomplished

• On certain things. In my field, if i make a simple misstake, it could kill someone, and be charged with murder

• In video games, I must 100% it.

• Yea xx

• I am like that lol.

• No, but I am disappointed in myself often

• No..

• Sometimes I am

• No Why should I be?

• Yeah a little bit

• In my appearance or my car and what my girl looks like about it

• No I am not

• I am. I really am. I get crazy if I can't meet my standards.

• in some things yes in others no mostly if it is something I like im a perfectionist otherwise im not

• i accept that there are some things that cannot be fixed no matter how much i try. my body is limited, and there's no point in making things perfect if they won't last forever

• No..

• Yes i try to be perfect but doesn't always happen..

• Ofc no!. I am not trying to be perfect either.

• I am perfection

• Only when choosing women.

• To an extent but I used to be worse

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 14

• Yes I definitely am. Whenever I'm doing a task/completing something I make sure it's done to the best of my ability. I make sure everything is perfect before I'm satisfied with myself. I also have OCD, so that causes me to be even more of a perfectionist in some situations!

• In some areas, too much. Others, just a little. My teacher says I'm too much of a perfectionist, he calls it the "good girl syndrome". Translated from Norwegian, dunno if it's right.

• With certain things.. yes ☺️

• If it gives you anxiety you may have mild to moderate OCD

• I already take medication for anxiety.

• No, it has nothing to do with it. It is resultant from a mental trauma from my childhood. I had mental treatment for almost 8 years before dropping it a couple of months ago.

• Then it isn't weird.

• In a way, I am.

• Yes, I'm hard on myself if I make a mistake.

• I used to be like that I've gotten better over the years, but some things I still make perfect

• Most days very much so.

• Sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not.

• no, I can't do anything right so I don't have this problem lol

• Yes I am

• Nooo

• if it's with things like music, art, sports, and so on, then yes i am

if it's with things like school and basic everyday things, then no i'm not

• Kinda