What kind of Comedy makes you laugh the most?

Laughter is universal but what's funny is highly subjective. What makes me laugh may not make you laugh. What you laugh at may seem incredibly dumb or childish to someone else. Still we all enjoy a good laugh so, What type of Comedy makes you laugh the hardest?

• Slap Stick
    6%(3)7%(7)Vote8%(4)
  • Sarcastic/Satire
    23%(11)17%(17)Vote12%(6)
  • Dry/Deadpan
    17%(8)19%(19)Vote22%(11)
  • Offensive/Insult
    6%(3)10%(10)Vote14%(7)
  • Dark
    15%(7)17%(17)Vote20%(10)
  • Topical
    2%(1)3%(3)Vote4%(2)
  • Other/Results
    31%(14)27%(25)Vote20%(11)

Most Helpful Girl

• Offensive, because deep down inside I'm really just a bad person.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dry humor is the best, however from a sociological standpoint, while it does not make me laugh the most, slap stick is universal. Apparently you can show "The Three Stooges" to people of any culture and they'll laugh, even if they don't understand English. I'm a bit torn over this because if I were to try to describe human culture to an alien from space, I might feel compelled to show them slap stick comedy while at the same time worrying that they think we all like stupid shit.

What Girls Said 13

• Deadpan and dry comedy makes me laugh a lot. So does sarcasm and a little dark humour. Slap stick generally isn't my thing, at least not in comedy movies.

• A lot, but most tends to be dark humor. I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• I put satirical, but I just love to laugh in general. :)

• I think for me it's more about the delivery than the type of humour. Either of these might make me laugh, depending on the delivery.

• Hard to choose, I like so many and your examples were hilarious!

• All of the above.

• Ugh. I had to flip a coin between Stewart and Tosh. I like typically everything except slapstick.

• I don't know where's the option for "dumb shit". You could tell me a pun and I'd suffocate laughing.

• I like dry and dark humour :P

• i luv dark dirty shows with innocent people

• 9 out of 10 cats is for you x

• Frankie Boyle, he's a sick bastard lol. Gerry and Kate McCann should look on the bright side they're probably grandparents by now

• I prefer political, retro oldies, mature, and the one were the villain is always ugly.

• I'm more of a dark humor person

• Dry and sarcastic for me

What Guys Said 35

• Well, I really don't prefer watching comedy shows, movies etc. However yes I had watched a movie called " Liar Liar"( Starring Jim Carrey) and yes it was very good indeed.

• Black comedy,
    Here is one,
    a seal walks into a bar, bartender asks, "what can I get ya."
    The seal responds, "Anything but a Canadian Club on the rocks."

• I've laughed at all of these types of comedy.. But I think I like stupid silly humor the best.. Just not Jackass.. I think I like them mixed up really..

• I like goofball humor (which is similar to my own sense of humor). Comedians like Pablo Francisco and Jim Carrey embody this style. Dave Chappelle can also be goofy and will switch between some of the other styles you have listed here. I also have a dark side to my own humor, so I appreciate that in a woman. I like a good imitation too. And of course puns! Nothing is sexier than a woman dropping a bad pun at the right moment. hahaha!

• One time right in the middle of a job interview once, I took out a book and I started reading. The interviewer was like, "what the hell are you doing?"
    I said let me ask you one question. If you were in a car and driving at the speed of light and then you turned your lights on, would it do anything?
    He said "I don't know"
    I said forget it then... I don't want to work for you.

• Monty Python lol they're hilarious I also like Tim Hawkins, Sebastian Maniscalco and George Carlin to name a few.

• Dark, offensive, and sarcasm.

• i love offensive/insults with dark ones. If mixed... I will never leave my room!

• this type for me... not sure it can be catagorised though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIO4wj7gl0

• Politicians' tweets

• I like the humor in Family Guy the best for actually laughing.

• Real comedy I love are The Marx Brothers and Laurel and Hardy. When feeling sad, Watching them I feel happy all over again.

• The pic for dry/dead pan is 9 out of 10 cats doing cowntdown and the humour is dark as well as dry. #PROPS

• Jimmy Carr was the first person I thought of for dry/deadpan. Even though he gets dark he's really good at the dry stuff. I remembered that bit and put it up.

• The man's not human Jimatron 9000k

• holy religious books

• Political and Vulgar.

• I like Jeff Dunham.

• That dark joke ahahahahhaaahahahahahaha

• Sarcastic/Satire, dry deadpan. Insults/offensive. etc.

• Stanhope's dark and twisted sense of humour is a bliss.

• Shit it's so hard to decide! I love laughing, I laugh at almost everything!

• Dark comedy

• deadpan master race

• I mostly enjoy watching sitcoms.

• Whatever C. K Louis is categorized under.

• situational commedy, i dont like comedians but i like humourous jokes

• Dry/Deadpan is def my cup of tea

• All of these lmfao

• Dark humor FTW.

• Anything can be funny. Anything can be shit. Depends who's telling it.

• More from Guys
    5